Taking groupwise on Linux taking too much times - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Taking groupwise on Linux taking too much times - Veritas Backup Exec ; We taking Groupwise on a OES linux server, with backupexec 9.2 and it took over 20 hrs to take not even 8gig of DATA, the user cant take a backup locally on his machine in less than 1 hour. Somebody ...

  1. Taking groupwise on Linux taking too much times

    We taking Groupwise on a OES linux server, with backupexec 9.2 and it took
    over 20 hrs to take not even 8gig of DATA, the user cant take a backup locally
    on his machine in less than 1 hour.

    Somebody got any hint?

  2. Re: Taking groupwise on Linux taking too much times

    D.truchon wrote:

    > We taking Groupwise on a OES linux server, with backupexec 9.2 and it
    > took over 20 hrs to take not even 8gig of DATA, the user cant take a
    > backup locally on his machine in less than 1 hour.

    So this is a remote backup then? In that case, you should take a look
    at the network as this is the most likely cause of the bottleneck. You
    should check NIC/switch/hub duplex settings and make sure they are all
    the same (i.e. 100MB/full). Also, TSATEST will give you a good idea of
    what you should be able to achieve:

    http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10092890.html

+ Reply to Thread