Error 0xb warning buf len 50? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 0xb warning buf len 50? - Veritas Backup Exec ; This just started happening today. Yesterday, I turned on GWTSA to back up some GroupWise data before upgrading to 6.5. Today, Backup Exec (9) has difficulty booting and shows the following error message log: log message id (benw):0xb WARNING buf ...

  1. Error 0xb warning buf len 50?

    This just started happening today. Yesterday, I turned on GWTSA to back up
    some GroupWise data before upgrading to 6.5. Today, Backup Exec (9) has
    difficulty booting and shows the following error message log:

    log message id (benw):0xb WARNING buf len : 50

    I assume "benw" is Backup Exec for Netware. What's the cause, and what's
    the solution? This has something to do with GWTSA?

  2. Re: Error 0xb warning buf len 50?

    Eric wrote:

    > This just started happening today. Yesterday, I turned on GWTSA to
    > back up some GroupWise data before upgrading to 6.5. Today, Backup
    > Exec (9) has difficulty booting and shows the following error message
    > log:

    What do you mean by 'booting'? Does this error appear when you try to
    start Backup Exec?

    > log message id (benw):0xb WARNING buf len : 50
    >
    > I assume "benw" is Backup Exec for Netware. What's the cause, and
    > what's the solution? This has something to do with GWTSA?

    What version/build of Backup Exec do you have? Check in
    :\bkupexec\version.doc for details.

+ Reply to Thread