IDR Error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR Error - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a situation were we are going to have to rebuild a server from backup next week. We have the IDR option and Im practicing using it on a test multi-server environment. The servers are NW 6.5 SP 4. ...

  1. IDR Error

    We have a situation were we are going to have to rebuild a server from backup
    next week. We have the IDR option and Im practicing using it on a test multi-server
    environment. The servers are NW 6.5 SP 4. When I run through a test disaster
    recovery, I am getting the error:

    Error (-1) occured in the NDS restore using the System's Hot Backup.

    After that it stops and thats it. No soup for me. I cant find anything anywhere
    on this error.

    Any ideas?

    -Rob

  2. Re: IDR Error

    Rob wrote:

    > We have a situation were we are going to have to rebuild a server
    > from backup next week. We have the IDR option and Im practicing
    > using it on a test multi-server environment. The servers are NW 6.5
    > SP 4. When I run through a test disaster recovery, I am getting the
    > error:
    >
    > Error (-1) occured in the NDS restore using the System's Hot Backup.
    >
    > After that it stops and thats it. No soup for me. I cant find
    > anything anywhere on this error.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    IDR is not supported in 6.5 multi-server trees:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/258715

  3. Re: IDR Error

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Rob wrote:
    >

    >> We have a situation were we are going to have to rebuild a server
    >> from backup next week. We have the IDR option and Im practicing
    >> using it on a test multi-server environment. The servers are NW 6.5
    >> SP 4. When I run through a test disaster recovery, I am getting the
    >> error:
    >>
    >> Error (-1) occured in the NDS restore using the System's Hot Backup.
    >>
    >> After that it stops and thats it. No soup for me. I cant find
    >> anything anywhere on this error.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    >IDR is not supported in 6.5 multi-server trees:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/258715

    Ooh. Thats crappy. Guess we'll be purchasing a license from portlock.

+ Reply to Thread