Can't edit schedule . trick question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't edit schedule . trick question - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello BE915891 , NW65SP5 I'm moving backup job from server to another (to different tree). To save time, I copy JOBDATA folder and NDMPSRVRS.DAT file to the new server (different tree) All the schedule is there , however when I ...

  1. Can't edit schedule . trick question

    Hello
    BE915891 , NW65SP5
    I'm moving backup job from server to another (to different tree).
    To save time, I copy JOBDATA folder and NDMPSRVRS.DAT file to the new server
    (different tree)
    All the schedule is there , however when I click on the schedule job I got
    the message "Only user create this job can edit its selection and policy
    information".
    Question is:
    How can I change/modify the user, without deleting the actual schedule job
    itself ?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Can't edit schedule . trick question

    acme wrote:

    > Hello
    > BE915891 , NW65SP5
    > I'm moving backup job from server to another (to different tree).
    > To save time, I copy JOBDATA folder and NDMPSRVRS.DAT file to the new
    > server (different tree) All the schedule is there , however when I
    > click on the schedule job I got the message "Only user create this
    > job can edit its selection and policy information". Question is:
    > How can I change/modify the user, without deleting the actual
    > schedule job itself ? Thanks

    You could try:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Browse to :\bkupexec\jobdata - you should find a file called
    00000001.BKS.job_name.... - you can open this using notepad and change
    the user name on the line that starts '/USERNAME:'
    3. BESTART

    Hope that helps.

  3. Re: Can't edit schedule . trick question

    The 00000001.bks file is for NWMA server user id.
    I found the user name and the original tree name in userpass.dat , Which
    editor do I need to modify this file? When I try to modify userpass.dat
    via notepad . It not a pretty site after that. Bestart won't run.
    Thanks

    "Chris" wrote in message
    > acme wrote:
    >
    >> Hello
    >> BE915891 , NW65SP5
    >> I'm moving backup job from server to another (to different tree).
    >> To save time, I copy JOBDATA folder and NDMPSRVRS.DAT file to the new
    >> server (different tree) All the schedule is there , however when I
    >> click on the schedule job I got the message "Only user create this
    >> job can edit its selection and policy information". Question is:
    >> How can I change/modify the user, without deleting the actual
    >> schedule job itself ? Thanks

    > You could try:
    >
    > 1. BESTOP
    > 2. Browse to :\bkupexec\jobdata - you should find a file called
    > 00000001.BKS.job_name.... - you can open this using notepad and change
    > the user name on the line that starts '/USERNAME:'
    > 3. BESTART
    >
    > Hope that helps.

  4. Re: Can't edit schedule . trick question

    acme wrote:

    > The 00000001.bks file is for NWMA server user id.
    > I found the user name and the original tree name in userpass.dat ,
    > Which editor do I need to modify this file? When I try to modify
    > userpass.dat via notepad . It not a pretty site after that. Bestart
    > won't run. Thanks

    I don't think that file is editable so you may need to delete it and
    start again. However, that will mean that the login credentials for
    each server being backed up will have to be manually entered again.

+ Reply to Thread