Backup NSS volumes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup NSS volumes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I want to know if possible to backup a NSS cluster volume when it on a Unix server. Actually, i can see the structure and files in the Backup exec 10d explorer but i have a "Acces Denied" error ...

  1. Backup NSS volumes

    Hi,

    I want to know if possible to backup a NSS cluster volume when it on a
    Unix server. Actually, i can see the structure and files in the Backup exec
    10d explorer but i have a "Acces Denied" error message when the backup start.

    No problem when the NSS volume is on the Netware server.

    Can you help me please.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Backup NSS volumes

    Jean-Luc Picard wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to know if possible to backup a NSS cluster volume when it
    > on a Unix server. Actually, i can see the structure and files in the
    > Backup exec 10d explorer but i have a "Acces Denied" error message
    > when the backup start.
    >
    > No problem when the NSS volume is on the Netware server.
    >
    > Can you help me please.

    I assume you are talking about NSS on OES Linux? If so, this is not
    supported under 10d but is under 11d. See Page 949 of the 11d admin
    guide for more info:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/285233

  3. Re: Backup NSS volumes

    Hi,

    Yes, it's exactly i'm trying to do.

    I will download backup exec 11 d trial and try again.

    Many thanks for the help.

    JLPicard.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Jean-Luc Picard wrote:
    >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I want to know if possible to backup a NSS cluster volume when it
    >> on a Unix server. Actually, i can see the structure and files in the
    >> Backup exec 10d explorer but i have a "Acces Denied" error message
    >> when the backup start.
    >>
    >> No problem when the NSS volume is on the Netware server.
    >>
    >> Can you help me please.

    >I assume you are talking about NSS on OES Linux? If so, this is not
    >supported under 10d but is under 11d. See Page 949 of the 11d admin
    >guide for more info:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/285233

  4. Re: Backup NSS volumes

    Hi again,

    Where can i find the linux agent? It's not seem to be on the "backup exec
    for windows" cd. When i try to download one, a serial number is ask.

    Thanks for the help.

    JLPicard.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Jean-Luc Picard wrote:
    >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I want to know if possible to backup a NSS cluster volume when it
    >> on a Unix server. Actually, i can see the structure and files in the
    >> Backup exec 10d explorer but i have a "Acces Denied" error message
    >> when the backup start.
    >>
    >> No problem when the NSS volume is on the Netware server.
    >>
    >> Can you help me please.

    >I assume you are talking about NSS on OES Linux? If so, this is not
    >supported under 10d but is under 11d. See Page 949 of the 11d admin
    >guide for more info:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/285233

  5. Re: Backup NSS volumes

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Jean-Luc Picard wrote:
    >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I want to know if possible to backup a NSS cluster volume when it
    >> on a Unix server. Actually, i can see the structure and files in the
    >> Backup exec 10d explorer but i have a "Acces Denied" error message
    >> when the backup start.
    >>
    >> No problem when the NSS volume is on the Netware server.
    >>
    >> Can you help me please.

    >I assume you are talking about NSS on OES Linux? If so, this is not
    >supported under 10d but is under 11d. See Page 949 of the 11d admin
    >guide for more info:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/285233

  6. Re: Backup NSS volumes

    JLPicard wrote:

    > Hi again,
    >
    > Where can i find the linux agent? It's not seem to be on the
    > "backup exec for windows" cd. When i try to download one, a serial
    > number is ask.

    You can download the Linux Agent here:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/285821

    As for the serial number - I guess you'll need to speak to your account
    manager or someone in Sales.

+ Reply to Thread