Translation Error on Tape - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Translation Error on Tape - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm hoping someone can help with a persistent problem we are experiencing with Backup Exec for NetWare Version 9.0 Revision 4202. Every time we go to restore files, we receive a Translation Error on Tape message. We get around the ...

  1. Translation Error on Tape

    I'm hoping someone can help with a persistent problem we are experiencing
    with Backup Exec for NetWare Version 9.0 Revision 4202. Every time we go
    to restore files, we receive a Translation Error on Tape message. We get
    around the issue by changing the Use Fast File Access value from 1 to 0,
    but it takes forever to do a restore. It really isn't a great solution.

    Does anyone have any other solutions or ideas as to how we can permanently
    fix this issue?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Translation Error on Tape

    Dee E wrote:

    > I'm hoping someone can help with a persistent problem we are
    > experiencing with Backup Exec for NetWare Version 9.0 Revision 4202.
    > Every time we go to restore files, we receive a Translation Error on
    > Tape message. We get around the issue by changing the Use Fast File
    > Access value from 1 to 0, but it takes forever to do a restore. It
    > really isn't a great solution.
    >
    > Does anyone have any other solutions or ideas as to how we can
    > permanently fix this issue?

    Upgrade to 9.2?

  3. Re: Translation Error on Tape

    I presume that is the only solution? If it is, then I guess that is what we'll
    have to do...

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Dee E wrote:
    >

    >> I'm hoping someone can help with a persistent problem we are
    >> experiencing with Backup Exec for NetWare Version 9.0 Revision 4202.
    >> Every time we go to restore files, we receive a Translation Error on
    >> Tape message. We get around the issue by changing the Use Fast File
    >> Access value from 1 to 0, but it takes forever to do a restore. It
    >> really isn't a great solution.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any other solutions or ideas as to how we can
    >> permanently fix this issue?

    >Upgrade to 9.2?

  4. Re: Translation Error on Tape

    Dee E wrote:

    > I presume that is the only solution? If it is, then I guess that is
    > what we'll have to do...

    It's a suggestion - I'm not saying it will definetely resolve the
    problem. Perhaps you should download and install 9.2 in eval first to
    see if it does help before you go ahead and pay for an upgrade..

+ Reply to Thread