where to add username and password in bestart.ncf for autologin - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on where to add username and password in bestart.ncf for autologin - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am looking for where and syntax to add username and password in the bestart.ncf for autologin when the server starts up. I have bestart.ncf in the autoexec.ncf and it is loading properly, I just want to add username and ...

  1. where to add username and password in bestart.ncf for autologin

    I am looking for where and syntax to add username and password in the bestart.ncf
    for autologin when the server starts up. I have bestart.ncf in the autoexec.ncf
    and it is loading properly, I just want to add username and password so it
    doesn't prompt me for the information on a reboot.

    Tony

  2. Re: where to add username and password in bestart.ncf for autologin

    There's no built-in way to do this. Furthermore, it's not recommended
    to do so because it presents a security risk since the user that does
    the backup typically has full system access.

    But if you are dead set on doing this, you can use STUFFKEY.NLM to feed
    the user ID and password to BE.

    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13957.html

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread