moverconnect error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on moverconnect error - Veritas Backup Exec ; #ERR##Operation Startup Error (4). MoverConnect to failed. I cannot locate any information on this error. Can anyone tell me what this is?? tried knowlederbase and admin doc's with no luck Thanks...

  1. moverconnect error

    #ERR##Operation Startup Error (4). MoverConnect to failed.

    I cannot locate any information on this error. Can anyone tell me what
    this is??
    tried knowlederbase and admin doc's with no luck

    Thanks

  2. Re: moverconnect error

    Jerri wrote:

    > #ERR##Operation Startup Error (4). MoverConnect to
    > failed.
    >
    > I cannot locate any information on this error. Can anyone tell me
    > what this is??
    > tried knowlederbase and admin doc's with no luck
    >
    > Thanks

    What version/build of Backup Exec are you running? Check in
    :\bkupexec\version.doc for details.

    Also, do you have any anti-virus software on this server? If so, make
    sure that it does not scan the :\bkupexec folder structure.

  3. Re: moverconnect error

    "Chris" wrote:

    >Jerri wrote:
    >

    >> #ERR##Operation Startup Error (4). MoverConnect to
    >> failed.
    >>
    >> I cannot locate any information on this error. Can anyone tell me
    >> what this is??
    >> tried knowlederbase and admin doc's with no luck
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >What version/build of Backup Exec are you running? Check in
    >:\bkupexec\version.doc for details.
    >
    >Also, do you have any anti-virus software on this server? If so, make
    >sure that it does not scan the :\bkupexec folder structure.

    Using version 9.20 build 1391
    symantec is scanning the sys folder of backup exec. Your telling me I need
    tell the system not to do that?

  4. Re: moverconnect error

    Jerris wrote:

    > "Chris" wrote:
    >
    > > Jerri wrote:
    > >

    > >> #ERR##Operation Startup Error (4). MoverConnect to
    > >> failed.
    > >>
    > >> I cannot locate any information on this error. Can anyone tell me
    > >> what this is??
    > >> tried knowlederbase and admin doc's with no luck
    > >>
    > >> Thanks

    > > What version/build of Backup Exec are you running? Check in
    > > :\bkupexec\version.doc for details.
    > >
    > > Also, do you have any anti-virus software on this server? If so,
    > > make sure that it does not scan the :\bkupexec folder
    > > structure.

    > Using version 9.20 build 1391
    > symantec is scanning the sys folder of backup exec. Your telling me
    > I need to
    > tell the system not to do that?

    Yes, it can cause problems so that should be your first step.

  5. Re: moverconnect error

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Jerris wrote:

    >> > What version/build of Backup Exec are you running? Check in
    >> > :\bkupexec\version.doc for details.
    >> >
    >> > Also, do you have any anti-virus software on this server? If so,
    >> > make sure that it does not scan the :\bkupexec folder
    >> > structure.

    >> Using version 9.20 build 1391
    >> symantec is scanning the sys folder of backup exec. Your telling me
    >> I need to
    >> tell the system not to do that?

    >Yes, it can cause problems so that should be your first step.

    OK I'll start with that on Monday. I will keep you posted. Is there a
    reason this just started?

  6. Re: moverconnect error

    Jerri wrote:

    > "Chris" wrote:
    > > Jerris wrote:

    > tell me >> >> what this is??

    > >> Using version 9.20 build 1391
    > >> symantec is scanning the sys folder of backup exec. Your telling

    > me >> I need to
    > >> tell the system not to do that?

    > > Yes, it can cause problems so that should be your first step.
    > >

    > OK I'll start with that on Monday. I will keep you posted. Is
    > there a reason this just started?

    No idea to be honest with you..

+ Reply to Thread