AIT drive w/ BE 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on AIT drive w/ BE 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anybody know if the latest drivers in BE 8.5 will support a Sony AIT drive?...

  1. AIT drive w/ BE 8.5

    Does anybody know if the latest drivers in BE 8.5 will support a Sony AIT
    drive?

  2. Re: AIT drive w/ BE 8.5

    What model AIT drive? I know it will do AIT-2 (Sony SDX-500). I don't
    know beyond that.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: AIT drive w/ BE 8.5

    It's a Sony i200/s AIT-2 drive so I'll cross my fingers as I've alread ordered
    it.

    Thanks for your reply Barry

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >What model AIT drive? I know it will do AIT-2 (Sony SDX-500). I don't

    >know beyond that.
    >
    >-Barry.

  4. Re: AIT drive w/ BE 8.5

    Yes. BE8.5 and a Sony SDX-500. And I see now that I even had an AIT-3
    drive on there. It was a Compaq AIT 100 drive, but it was a Sony
    SDX-700 under the Compaq skin.

    Post the output from LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS.

    -Barry.

  5. Re: AIT drive w/ BE 8.5

    Barry, was that BE 8.5 that you were using with the SDX-500? I'm trying unsuccessfully
    to get BE to recognize the drive evene with their latest drivers.

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >What model AIT drive? I know it will do AIT-2 (Sony SDX-500). I don't

    >know beyond that.
    >
    >-Barry.

  6. Re: AIT drive w/ BE 8.5

    Hi Barry, thanks for your response. I couldn't get BE 8.5 to recognize the
    SDX-500 so I called tech support only to find out that they don't even support
    8.5 for paid support. I finally installed BE 9.2 which came bundled with
    the drive and it seems to be working. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't
    rue that decision; you know the old "if it ain't broke" routine.

    Thanks again for your help.

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Yes. BE8.5 and a Sony SDX-500. And I see now that I even had an AIT-3

    >drive on there. It was a Compaq AIT 100 drive, but it was a Sony
    >SDX-700 under the Compaq skin.
    >
    >Post the output from LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS.
    >
    >-Barry.

  7. Re: AIT drive w/ BE 8.5

    Well, if I had known you had 9.2 already I would have suggested that
    from the start. I don't think you will be disappointed. :-)

    Do be sure to download the latest build, though.

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/284642

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread