BE 9.2 Administrator Console won't install. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.2 Administrator Console won't install. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have a problem with installing BE 9.2 Administration Console on a Windows XP machine. When it starts to copy the files at 5 % it stops with an error : An error was encountered during install; setup will ...

  1. BE 9.2 Administrator Console won't install.

    Hi,

    I have a problem with installing BE 9.2 Administration Console on a Windows
    XP machine. When it starts to copy the files at 5 % it stops with an error
    : An error was encountered during install; setup will not complete the install
    of this component. Is there someone who also got this message during install
    ? PC is running Windows XP SP2.

    Regards John

  2. Re: BE 9.2 Administrator Console won't install.

    John Slegers wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with installing BE 9.2 Administration Console on a
    > Windows XP machine. When it starts to copy the files at 5 % it stops
    > with an error : An error was encountered during install; setup will
    > not complete the install of this component. Is there someone who also
    > got this message during install ? PC is running Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > Regards John

    Are you running any anti-virus software on this machine? If so, disable
    it during the install to see if this helps.

  3. Re: BE 9.2 Administrator Console won't install.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >John Slegers wrote:
    >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a problem with installing BE 9.2 Administration Console on a
    >> Windows XP machine. When it starts to copy the files at 5 % it stops
    >> with an error : An error was encountered during install; setup will
    >> not complete the install of this component. Is there someone who also
    >> got this message during install ? PC is running Windows XP SP2.
    >>
    >> Regards John

    >Are you running any anti-virus software on this machine? If so, disable
    >it during the install to see if this helps.

    I have disabled the Antivirus but it didn't help.

  4. Re: BE 9.2 Administrator Console won't install.

    John Slegers wrote:

    > "Chris" wrote:
    > > John Slegers wrote:
    > >

    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I have a problem with installing BE 9.2 Administration Console on a
    > >> Windows XP machine. When it starts to copy the files at 5 % it

    > stops >> with an error : An error was encountered during install;
    > setup will >> not complete the install of this component. Is there
    > someone who also >> got this message during install ? PC is running
    > Windows XP SP2. >>
    > >> Regards John

    > > Are you running any anti-virus software on this machine? If so,
    > > disable it during the install to see if this helps.
    > >

    > I have disabled the Antivirus but it didn't help.

    OK, maybe try shutting down any firewall's you have running. Also, have
    you tried installing onto another machine?

  5. Re: BE 9.2 Administrator Console won't install.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >John Slegers wrote:

    >> stops >> with an error : An error was encountered during install;
    >> setup will >> not complete the install of this component. Is there
    >> someone who also >> got this message during install ? PC is running
    >> Windows XP SP2. >>
    >> >
    >> > Are you running any anti-virus software on this machine? If so,
    >> > disable it during the install to see if this helps.
    >> >

    >> I have disabled the Antivirus but it didn't help.

    >OK, maybe try shutting down any firewall's you have running. Also, have
    >you tried installing onto another machine?

    I will try to install it on an other PC.

+ Reply to Thread