Agent installed on NT server, but doesn't show up to be backed up - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Agent installed on NT server, but doesn't show up to be backed up - Veritas Backup Exec ; Thank you. I thought of that just after posting that message. And it worked. I had pinged by address before, but not resolved the names. "Chris" wrote in message news:455207e8@ROSASTDMZ05.... > Kathryn Carruthers wrote: > > > > > I've ...

  1. Re: Agent installed on NT server, but doesn't show up to be backed up

    "Chris" wrote in message
    > Kathryn Carruthers wrote:
    >

    > > I've installed the Remote Agent to a Windows 4.0 server, and it
    > > appears to have succeeded (it's listed in Services as Started) and
    > > added it to the NDMPSRVR.DAT file (which worked for my Windows 2000
    > > server) but when I Update Agent list it doesn't show up as a backup
    > > target. I need to do a couple of full backups of this server before
    > > I remove it, as it's holding an Exchange system that is about to be
    > > migrated off.
    > >
    > > If anyone can suggest a way to have a) the Agent recognized and work
    > > or b) some other way to get the data backed up off the NT box without
    > > disrupting messaging for several hours, I would truly appreciate your
    > > input.

    > Have you checked to see if name resolution is working in BOTH
    > directions between the media and remote server? If it isn't, update DNS
    > or HOSTS files and try again..

  2. Agent installed on NT server, but doesn't show up to be backed up

    I've installed the Remote Agent to a Windows 4.0 server, and it appears to
    have succeeded (it's listed in Services as Started) and added it to the NDMPSRVR.DAT
    file (which worked for my Windows 2000 server) but when I Update Agent list
    it doesn't show up as a backup target. I need to do a couple of full backups
    of this server before I remove it, as it's holding an Exchange system that
    is about to be migrated off.

    If anyone can suggest a way to have a) the Agent recognized and work or b)
    some other way to get the data backed up off the NT box without disrupting
    messaging for several hours, I would truly appreciate your input.

  3. Re: Agent installed on NT server, but doesn't show up to be backed up

    Kathryn Carruthers wrote:

    > I've installed the Remote Agent to a Windows 4.0 server, and it
    > appears to have succeeded (it's listed in Services as Started) and
    > added it to the NDMPSRVR.DAT file (which worked for my Windows 2000
    > server) but when I Update Agent list it doesn't show up as a backup
    > target. I need to do a couple of full backups of this server before
    > I remove it, as it's holding an Exchange system that is about to be
    > migrated off.
    >
    > If anyone can suggest a way to have a) the Agent recognized and work
    > or b) some other way to get the data backed up off the NT box without
    > disrupting messaging for several hours, I would truly appreciate your
    > input.

    Have you checked to see if name resolution is working in BOTH
    directions between the media and remote server? If it isn't, update DNS
    or HOSTS files and try again..

+ Reply to Thread