Time Stamp Problem with BE9.1 1158.4 backing up user.db's(groupwise) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Time Stamp Problem with BE9.1 1158.4 backing up user.db's(groupwise) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hey all i started getting the following message when backing up groupwise once i switched you using TSAFS with the enable gw=yes option im running novell netware 6.5 sp5 and gwise 6.5.4 Error displayed in the SMS section of the ...

  1. Time Stamp Problem with BE9.1 1158.4 backing up user.db's(groupwise)

    Hey all i started getting the following message when backing up groupwise once i switched you using TSAFS with
    the enable gw=yes option

    im running novell netware 6.5 sp5 and gwise 6.5.4

    Error displayed in the SMS section of the backup exec log

    Warning : Unable to set GroupWise timestamp for user database USERXX.db.

    Error Code : 0x8209

    this error is being returned for 13 of the 20 mailboxes for a remote office, any tips would be appreciated.
    i have 6 offices only one of which shows this problem, they are all on the same versions of netware, groupwise and backup exec.

    Kev

  2. Re: Time Stamp Problem with BE9.1 1158.4 backing up user.db's(groupwise)

    Kevin Kairton wrote:

    > Hey all i started getting the following message when backing up
    > groupwise once i switched you using TSAFS with the enable gw=yes
    > option
    >
    > im running novell netware 6.5 sp5 and gwise 6.5.4
    >
    > Error displayed in the SMS section of the backup exec log
    >
    > Warning : Unable to set GroupWise timestamp for user database
    > USERXX.db.
    >
    > Error Code : 0x8209
    >
    > this error is being returned for 13 of the 20 mailboxes for a remote
    > office, any tips would be appreciated. i have 6 offices only one of
    > which shows this problem, they are all on the same versions of
    > netware, groupwise and backup exec.
    >
    > Kev

    These errors are usually caused by having GroupWise older than 6.5.3:

    http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10096545.html

    Seeing as you are already on 6.5.4 I would recommend that you contact
    Novell as this is not a Backup Exec issue. You might have some luck if
    you post in the following forum:

    novell.support.netware.6x.server-backup

  3. Re: Time Stamp Problem with BE9.1 1158.4 backing up user.db's(groupwise)

    thanks for the swift reply but its already in that forum.
    i can only speculate that the sp4 service pack failed to update something
    i'll get round to moving to sp6 for gwise so fingers crossed eh ?

    Kevin Kairton wrote:

    > Hey all i started getting the following message when backing up
    > groupwise once i switched you using TSAFS with the enable gw=yes
    > option
    >
    > im running novell netware 6.5 sp5 and gwise 6.5.4
    >
    > Error displayed in the SMS section of the backup exec log
    >
    > Warning : Unable to set GroupWise timestamp for user database
    > USERXX.db.
    >
    > Error Code : 0x8209
    >
    > this error is being returned for 13 of the 20 mailboxes for a remote
    > office, any tips would be appreciated. i have 6 offices only one of
    > which shows this problem, they are all on the same versions of
    > netware, groupwise and backup exec.
    >
    > Kev

    These errors are usually caused by having GroupWise older than 6.5.3:

    http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10096545.html

    Seeing as you are already on 6.5.4 I would recommend that you contact
    Novell as this is not a Backup Exec issue. You might have some luck if
    you post in the following forum:

    novell.support.netware.6x.server-backup

  4. Re: Time Stamp Problem with BE9.1 1158.4 backing up user.db's(groupwise)

    Kevin Kairton wrote:

    > thanks for the swift reply but its already in that forum.
    > i can only speculate that the sp4 service pack failed to update
    > something i'll get round to moving to sp6 for gwise so fingers
    > crossed eh ?

    OK, good luck!

  5. Re: Time Stamp Problem with BE9.1 1158.4 backing up user.db's(groupwise)

    Seems ive found the cause and wanted to let you al know, On further
    investigation at the remote site i found backing up with DBCOPY generated no
    errors. I dug deeper and found that there was an old copy of the gwise
    system in a subfolder, i can only assume put there by the previous IT
    Manager.
    once i deleted these folders backups started going through without a hitch

    "Chris" wrote in message
    > Kevin Kairton wrote:
    >
    >> thanks for the swift reply but its already in that forum.
    >> i can only speculate that the sp4 service pack failed to update
    >> something i'll get round to moving to sp6 for gwise so fingers
    >> crossed eh ?

    > OK, good luck!

+ Reply to Thread