TapeAlert! WARNING. The directory on the tape cartridge - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on TapeAlert! WARNING. The directory on the tape cartridge - Veritas Backup Exec ; ...has been corrupted. File search performance will be degraded. The tape directory can be rebuilt by reading all the data on the cartridge. Im using Netware 6.5 sp 5 with BKExec 9.2. The tape drive is an Exabyte 1x7 loader ...

  1. TapeAlert! WARNING. The directory on the tape cartridge

    ...has been corrupted. File search performance will be degraded. The tape
    directory can be rebuilt by reading all the data on the cartridge.

    Im using Netware 6.5 sp 5 with BKExec 9.2. The tape drive is an Exabyte
    1x7 loader (LTO-3).......all new tapes and loader.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: TapeAlert! WARNING. The directory on the tape cartridge

    Harold Negrete wrote:

    > ..has been corrupted. File search performance will be degraded. The
    > tape directory can be rebuilt by reading all the data on the
    > cartridge.
    >
    > Im using Netware 6.5 sp 5 with BKExec 9.2. The tape drive is an
    > Exabyte 1x7 loader (LTO-3).......all new tapes and loader.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Sounds like a hardware related issue to me. Try a backup-to-disk - if
    this backs up ok then you should consider firmware updates etc and
    possibly look at replacing the library/drive(s).

+ Reply to Thread