Insufficient privilege error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Insufficient privilege error - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are using BackupExec 9.1 with the open file option on Netware 6.0SP5. We have recently started getting the error message, "##ERR##Insufficient privilege for \OFUSER\INDEX\453F8AD8.INC - SKIPPED" during our backups. These are Groupwise files that are being skipped. None of ...

  1. Insufficient privilege error

    We are using BackupExec 9.1 with the open file option on Netware 6.0SP5.
    We have recently started getting the error message, "##ERR##Insufficient
    privilege for \OFUSER\INDEX\453F8AD8.INC - SKIPPED" during our backups. These
    are Groupwise files that are being skipped. None of the documents on the
    Veritas website seems to apply to this exact situation.

    Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Insufficient privilege error

    Karen Wayland wrote:

    > We are using BackupExec 9.1 with the open file option on Netware
    > 6.0SP5. We have recently started getting the error message,
    > "##ERR##Insufficient privilege for \OFUSER\INDEX\453F8AD8.INC -
    > SKIPPED" during our backups. These are Groupwise files that are being
    > skipped. None of the documents on the Veritas website seems to apply
    > to this exact situation.
    >
    > Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Are you using the Open File Option to backup GroupWise? This is not
    recommended - you should use either GWTSA, TSAFS (with the
    /EnableGW=yes switch) or TSAFSGW which will allow you to get open file
    backups of GroupWise.

  3. Re: Insufficient privilege error

    i second that, the differences between the 2 are as follows

    TSAFS will allow you to backup groupwise by simply backing up the volume it is stored on.

    GWTSA gives you the option to detect grouwise in backupexec as an agext and do a highlevel backup
    meaning you can pick and choose what bits of groupwise to backup eg. PO, Domain, Library.

    Kev

    Karen Wayland wrote:

    > We are using BackupExec 9.1 with the open file option on Netware
    > 6.0SP5. We have recently started getting the error message,
    > "##ERR##Insufficient privilege for \OFUSER\INDEX\453F8AD8.INC -
    > SKIPPED" during our backups. These are Groupwise files that are being
    > skipped. None of the documents on the Veritas website seems to apply
    > to this exact situation.
    >
    > Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Are you using the Open File Option to backup GroupWise? This is not
    recommended - you should use either GWTSA, TSAFS (with the
    /EnableGW=yes switch) or TSAFSGW which will allow you to get open file
    backups of GroupWise.

+ Reply to Thread