No Job Logs Available - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on No Job Logs Available - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've got Backup Exec 9.10 1067 on a NetWare 6.5 server that suddenly lost all of its job data. There is nothing for scheduled jobs or job logs, but the Policies are there. When I look in the BKUPEXEC\JOBDATA folder, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: No Job Logs Available

  1. No Job Logs Available


    I've got Backup Exec 9.10 1067 on a NetWare 6.5 server that suddenly lost
    all of its job data. There is nothing for scheduled jobs or job logs, but
    the Policies are there. When I look in the BKUPEXEC\JOBDATA folder, it appears
    that all of the files are there, including jobqueue.dat and jobqueue.idx.
    Anyone seen this?

    Thanks in advance,
    Rodd

  2. Re: No Job Logs Available

    Not heard about that problem before but have you tried to copy the
    database files from the DBPROT folders? More info here:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/244379

    Make sure that you unload (BESTOP) Backup Exec before copying these
    files across.

    Also, you should consider updating your build of Backup Exec as it is
    pretty old now. Latest build can be downloaded here:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/284643

  3. Re: No Job Logs Available


    Chris,

    Thanks for the response. I tried copying those files from the DBPROT folders,
    and the result is the same--no backup jobs or logs. I created another job
    manually to get a backup, and that worked, but the performance was extremely
    poor.

    Is there a particular place I should be looking for corruption?

    Thanks,
    Rodd

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Not heard about that problem before but have you tried to copy the
    >database files from the DBPROT folders? More info here:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/244379
    >
    >Make sure that you unload (BESTOP) Backup Exec before copying these
    >files across.
    >
    >Also, you should consider updating your build of Backup Exec as it is
    >pretty old now. Latest build can be downloaded here:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/284643



  4. Re: No Job Logs Available

    Rodd Heaton wrote:

    >
    > Chris,
    >
    > Thanks for the response. I tried copying those files from the DBPROT
    > folders, and the result is the same--no backup jobs or logs. I
    > created another job manually to get a backup, and that worked, but
    > the performance was extremely poor.
    >
    > Is there a particular place I should be looking for corruption?


    Not really although anti-virus is usually the cause of corruption. If
    you do have anti-virus running on this server, make sure that the
    bkupexec folder is excluded from being scanned.


  5. Re: No Job Logs Available


    Ok. I'll check that. What do you recommend as the next steps? Re-create
    the jobs and be done with it, or is there more?

    Thanks!
    Rodd

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Not really although anti-virus is usually the cause of corruption. If
    >you do have anti-virus running on this server, make sure that the
    >bkupexec folder is excluded from being scanned.
    >



  6. Re: No Job Logs Available

    Rodd Heaton wrote:

    >
    > Ok. I'll check that. What do you recommend as the next steps?
    > Re-create the jobs and be done with it, or is there more?


    Yeah - I think re-creating the jobs is probably your only option..


  7. Re: No Job Logs Available


    Ok. Thanks again for your help.

    Rodd

    "Chris" wrote:

    >Yeah - I think re-creating the jobs is probably your only option..
    >



+ Reply to Thread