Simple Licence question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Simple Licence question - Veritas Backup Exec ; BE 9.10.1158 If trying to backup a Windows XP box are additional licences required or does the Windows Server licence suffice? We havent done this before so thought it best to check first. many thanks...

  1. Simple Licence question

    BE 9.10.1158

    If trying to backup a Windows XP box are additional licences required or does the Windows Server licence suffice? We havent done this before so thought it best to check first.

    many thanks

  2. Re: Simple Licence question

    Excellent - thanks very much for you help

    Daniel Wynne wrote:

    > BE 9.10.1158
    >
    > If trying to backup a Windows XP box are additional licences required
    > or does the Windows Server licence suffice? We havent done this
    > before so thought it best to check first.
    >
    > many thanks

    You do not need a license when backing up Windows XP/2000 workstations
    - it's only needed when backing up server platforms.

    Chris

  3. Re: Simple Licence question

    Daniel Wynne wrote:

    > BE 9.10.1158
    >
    > If trying to backup a Windows XP box are additional licences required
    > or does the Windows Server licence suffice? We havent done this
    > before so thought it best to check first.
    >
    > many thanks

    You do not need a license when backing up Windows XP/2000 workstations
    - it's only needed when backing up server platforms.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread