Installing 2003 server agent fails - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installing 2003 server agent fails - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to install the 2003 agent on a 2003 R2 SP1 server to be backup up by BU Exec 9.2 Netware 6.5 server. When trying to install the agent no files are copied to the server and the ...

  1. Installing 2003 server agent fails

    I am trying to install the 2003 agent on a 2003 R2 SP1 server to be backup
    up by BU Exec 9.2 Netware 6.5 server. When trying to install the agent no
    files are copied to the server and the agent does not get installed. I get
    past the serial number screen and then the files try to copy but the installation
    stops with no agent being installed. I was able to install this same agent
    to 2 - 2000 servers. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Installing 2003 server agent fails

    TJG wrote:

    > I am trying to install the 2003 agent on a 2003 R2 SP1 server to be
    > backup up by BU Exec 9.2 Netware 6.5 server. When trying to install
    > the agent no files are copied to the server and the agent does not
    > get installed. I get past the serial number screen and then the files
    > try to copy but the installation stops with no agent being installed.
    > I was able to install this same agent to 2 - 2000 servers. Any help
    > would be appreciated.

    Any firewall or anti-virus running on these servers? If so, try
    stopping those services to see if that helps. If you continue to have
    problems, you will probably have more luck posting this over in the
    windows forums.

+ Reply to Thread