Restoration errors - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoration errors - Veritas Backup Exec ; BE for NW9.0 4174 I'm trying to restore a file from tape and keep getting the following message: "Media 2 of family 34a9b4ca has been detected. Please insert media 2 with media label ' ' media description ' ' created ...

  1. Restoration errors

    BE for NW9.0 4174

    I'm trying to restore a file from tape and keep getting the following
    message:

    "Media 2 of family 34a9b4ca has been detected.
    Please insert media 2 with media label ' ' media description ' '
    created on ' ' of family 3499b4d8 into the drive..."

    There is no media 2 of this family, they're all single tapes that are
    used for a week then rotated out.

    Any ideas? I'm new to BE.

  2. Re: Restoration errors

    You might have two or more media in the catalog with the same ID
    number.

    From the BE Admin Console on the server go to Media|Media View|All.
    Select a media and [Enter]. There you'll see the family ID and
    sequence number.

    Look through all the entries there. Retire any media the has the
    family ID 34a9b4ca or 3499b4d8.

    The go to Media|Media View|Retired. From there you can delete these
    media.

    Next, insert the media you want to restore from in your tape drive. Go
    to Jobs|Utilities|Catalog. Check to use the on-media catalog.

    After that finishes you should be able to do your restore.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread