Backup to Disk - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup to Disk - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there any way to adjust the file size of the 4GB files created in the Backup-to-Disk folder. I would like for it to create files that are closer to 100GB. The program seems to waste so much time "unloading" ...

  1. Backup to Disk

    Is there any way to adjust the file size of the 4GB files created in the Backup-to-Disk
    folder. I would like for it to create files that are closer to 100GB. The
    program seems to waste so much time "unloading" and "loading" these smaller
    files.

  2. Re: Backup to Disk

    Aaron wrote:
    > Is there any way to adjust the file size of the 4GB files created in the Backup-to-Disk
    > folder. I would like for it to create files that are closer to 100GB. The
    > program seems to waste so much time "unloading" and "loading" these smaller
    > files.

    There are many limitations built in OS's, applications, filesystems,
    network clients and compilers. A filesize of 4GB is the largest file all
    filesystems, operating systems, compilers and applications can handle
    safely.

    More info at http://www.discinterchange.com/TechT...ge_files_.html

    --
    Marcel de Roode