Backup exec did not detect any physical media?? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup exec did not detect any physical media?? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Running a NW6.5 server, server can see the physical back unit (Ultrium LTO), run bestart and exec comes up with "backup exec did not detect any physical media or shared storage devices attached to this server" Any clues??...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Backup exec did not detect any physical media??

  1. Backup exec did not detect any physical media??


    Running a NW6.5 server, server can see the physical back unit (Ultrium LTO),
    run bestart and exec comes up with "backup exec did not detect any physical
    media or shared storage devices attached to this server" Any clues??

  2. Re: Backup exec did not detect any physical media??

    Nick Bennett wrote:

    >
    > Running a NW6.5 server, server can see the physical back unit
    > (Ultrium LTO), run bestart and exec comes up with "backup exec did
    > not detect any physical media or shared storage devices attached to
    > this server" Any clues??


    Try the following:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename :\bkupexec\mm to mm.old
    3. BESTART

    If that doesn't help, what version/build of Backup Exec do you have?
    Check in :\bkupexec\version.doc for details. Also, please type
    LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS at the server console and then post back here
    with the results.

    Chris


  3. Re: Backup exec did not detect any physical media??


    hi Chris,

    Same thing still happened.. version is 9.2.. have downloaded the latest database
    and still can't seem to fix it.. anything else??

    Thanks
    Nick

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Nick Bennett wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Running a NW6.5 server, server can see the physical back unit
    >> (Ultrium LTO), run bestart and exec comes up with "backup exec did
    >> not detect any physical media or shared storage devices attached to
    >> this server" Any clues??

    >
    >Try the following:
    >
    >1. BESTOP
    >2. Rename :\bkupexec\mm to mm.old
    >3. BESTART
    >
    >If that doesn't help, what version/build of Backup Exec do you have?
    >Check in :\bkupexec\version.doc for details. Also, please type
    >LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS at the server console and then post back here
    >with the results.
    >
    >Chris
    >



  4. Re: Backup exec did not detect any physical media??

    Nick Bennett wrote:

    >
    > hi Chris,
    >
    > Same thing still happened.. version is 9.2.. have downloaded the
    > latest database and still can't seem to fix it.. anything else??


    Yes, can you type LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS at the server console and then
    post the results here..


  5. Re: Backup exec did not detect any physical media??


    0x00 [V024-A0] Legacy FLOPPY Controller [slot 0]

    0x01 [V024-A0-D1:0] Legacy Floppy

    0x02 [V100-A100] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]

    0x03 [V100-A101] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]

    0x04 [V100-A102] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]

    0x05 [V100-A103] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]

    0x06 [V100-A104] USB EHCI Controller [slot 0]

    0x07 [V025-A1] Novell ATA/IDE Host Adapter Module [slot 0]

    0x08 [V025-A1-D0:0] TSSTcorp CD-ROM B504

    0x09 [V358-A2] LSI_53C1030:10019 [slot 10019]

    0x12 [V358-A2-D3:0] HP ULTRIUM 1-SCSI P23D

    0x0A [V358-A3] LSI_53C1030:10020 [slot 10020]

    0x0B [V504-A4] HP Unified RAID Driver [slot 1]

    0x0C [V504-A4-D0:0] HP Smart Array 6400 Slot 1 ID 0 LUN 0

  6. Re: Backup exec did not detect any physical media??

    Nick Bennett wrote:

    >
    > 0x00 [V024-A0] Legacy FLOPPY Controller [slot 0]
    >
    > 0x01 [V024-A0-D1:0] Legacy Floppy
    >
    > 0x02 [V100-A100] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >
    > 0x03 [V100-A101] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >
    > 0x04 [V100-A102] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >
    > 0x05 [V100-A103] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >
    > 0x06 [V100-A104] USB EHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >
    > 0x07 [V025-A1] Novell ATA/IDE Host Adapter Module [slot 0]
    >
    > 0x08 [V025-A1-D0:0] TSSTcorp CD-ROM B504
    >
    > 0x09 [V358-A2] LSI_53C1030:10019 [slot 10019]
    >
    > 0x12 [V358-A2-D3:0] HP ULTRIUM 1-SCSI P23D
    >
    > 0x0A [V358-A3] LSI_53C1030:10020 [slot 10020]
    >
    > 0x0B [V504-A4] HP Unified RAID Driver [slot 1]
    >
    > 0x0C [V504-A4-D0:0] HP Smart Array 6400 Slot 1 ID 0 LUN 0



    Nick,

    The issue is with your LSI controller:

    0x09 [V358-A2] LSI_53C1030:10019 [slot 10019]

    0x12 [V358-A2-D3:0] HP ULTRIUM 1-SCSI P23D

    Have a look at the following TechNote:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/278402

    If the driver update does not work you should replace the controller
    with an Adaptec based controller which usually resolves this type of
    problem.

    Keep us posted with news on this issue.

    Chris


  7. Re: Backup exec did not detect any physical media??


    "Chris" wrote:
    >Nick Bennett wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> 0x00 [V024-A0] Legacy FLOPPY Controller [slot 0]
    >>
    >> 0x01 [V024-A0-D1:0] Legacy Floppy
    >>
    >> 0x02 [V100-A100] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >>
    >> 0x03 [V100-A101] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >>
    >> 0x04 [V100-A102] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >>
    >> 0x05 [V100-A103] USB UHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >>
    >> 0x06 [V100-A104] USB EHCI Controller [slot 0]
    >>
    >> 0x07 [V025-A1] Novell ATA/IDE Host Adapter Module [slot 0]
    >>
    >> 0x08 [V025-A1-D0:0] TSSTcorp CD-ROM B504
    >>
    >> 0x09 [V358-A2] LSI_53C1030:10019 [slot 10019]
    >>
    >> 0x12 [V358-A2-D3:0] HP ULTRIUM 1-SCSI P23D
    >>
    >> 0x0A [V358-A3] LSI_53C1030:10020 [slot 10020]
    >>
    >> 0x0B [V504-A4] HP Unified RAID Driver [slot 1]
    >>
    >> 0x0C [V504-A4-D0:0] HP Smart Array 6400 Slot 1 ID 0 LUN 0

    >
    >
    >Nick,
    >
    >The issue is with your LSI controller:
    >
    > 0x09 [V358-A2] LSI_53C1030:10019 [slot 10019]


    >
    > 0x12 [V358-A2-D3:0] HP ULTRIUM 1-SCSI P23D
    >
    >Have a look at the following TechNote:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/278402
    >
    >If the driver update does not work you should replace the controller
    >with an Adaptec based controller which usually resolves this type of
    >problem.
    >
    >Keep us posted with news on this issue.
    >
    >Chris
    >


    Try unloading CPQSCSA.NLM if this this an HP system.


+ Reply to Thread