NW does recognize any remote agents - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NW does recognize any remote agents - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a new media server install with 9.1.1158.4 and I have two different server that I am trying to get the remote agent installed and working with NW6.5 server. Can not get either remote agents to show up on ...

  1. NW does recognize any remote agents

    I have a new media server install with 9.1.1158.4 and I have two different
    server that I am trying to get the remote agent installed and working with
    NW6.5 server.

    Can not get either remote agents to show up on the NW media server. The NDMpsvrs.dat
    file has both servers listed. The DNS has the remote servers in the table.

    My question is how can I find out where it is failing? Are there log files
    that I can look at?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: NW does recognize any remote agents

    Martin wrote:

    > I have a new media server install with 9.1.1158.4 and I have two
    > different server that I am trying to get the remote agent installed
    > and working with NW6.5 server.
    >
    > Can not get either remote agents to show up on the NW media server.
    > The NDMpsvrs.dat file has both servers listed. The DNS has the remote
    > servers in the table.
    >
    > My question is how can I find out where it is failing? Are there log
    > files that I can look at?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Is name resolution working in both directions? In other words, can you
    ping the remote servers by name from the media server and can you ping
    the media server by name from the remote servers? If not, this needs to
    be fixed. Also, is NDMPD.NLM loaded on the remote servers? If not, try
    a BESTOP followed by a BESTART and then check again for NDMPD.NLM.

    Finally, you might want to try the latest build on media and remote
    servers:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread