license key - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on license key - Veritas Backup Exec ; This is version 9.20.1391 of backupExec for Netware servers. Where do I enter license key when switching from trial software to licensed version? I hope I don't need to re-install software....

  1. license key

    This is version 9.20.1391 of backupExec for Netware servers. Where do I enter
    license key when switching from trial software to licensed version? I hope
    I don't need to re-install software.

  2. Re: license key

    Hanna wrote:

    > This is version 9.20.1391 of backupExec for Netware servers. Where do
    > I enter license key when switching from trial software to licensed
    > version? I hope I don't need to re-install software.

    Hanna,

    No, you don't need to re-install. Using the server based Admin Console,
    go to Options --> Serial Numbers --> Media Server and then enter your
    license key.

    Hope that helps.

    Chris

  3. Re: license key

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Hanna wrote:
    >

    >> This is version 9.20.1391 of backupExec for Netware servers. Where do
    >> I enter license key when switching from trial software to licensed
    >> version? I hope I don't need to re-install software.

    >Hanna,
    >
    >No, you don't need to re-install. Using the server based Admin Console,
    >go to Options --> Serial Numbers --> Media Server and then enter your
    >license key.
    >
    >Hope that helps.
    >
    >Chris

    When I enter number and press F2 to accept it, the red error pops up: Error
    0x710 Unknown serial number error - Press any key.
    I am entering a "License Key" received from reseller on the "Software License
    Certificate" pdf.
    Any advice?
    Hanna

  4. Re: license key

    "Hanna" wrote:

    >This is version 9.20.1391 of backupExec for Netware servers. Where do I

    enter
    >license key when switching from trial software to licensed version? I hope
    >I don't need to re-install software.

    I got it! I needed to stop BE and re-start it before it accepted license
    key.

+ Reply to Thread