Remote Agent for Netware not working properly - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent for Netware not working properly - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a windows server running BE 10 and a a netware server with remote agent for netware 9.1 installed. It was working until I updated the BE10 for windows to service pack 4. Now it won't connect to the ...

  1. Remote Agent for Netware not working properly

    I have a windows server running BE 10 and a a netware server with remote agent
    for netware 9.1 installed. It was working until I updated the BE10 for windows
    to service pack 4. Now it won't connect to the netware server. I get an
    error says the remote agent is either not installed or not running. I restarted
    the agent on the netware server and still the same problem. I tested the
    credentials from the BE10 console and they all were sucessfull. I can also
    browse the file system on the netware server from within the BE10 console.
    Any ideas???

  2. Re: Remote Agent for Netware not working properly

    I suspect that you will need to update the remote agent. What
    version/build do you currently have (check in sys:\bkupexec\version.doc
    for details)?

    The latest NetWare agent can be downloaded here:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282302

    Chris

  3. Re: Remote Agent for Netware not working properly

    I have version 1152.4. I dowload the files from the link you posted and when
    I try to install it says backup exec is still running on the server. I have
    ran bestop and it still says the same. I have also noticed another error
    on my netware server logger screen.

    DM: UserName given to Dclient:
    DM: DTS dir_Login - Login Error: -708
    DM: UserName given to Dclient: .."context"
    DM: DTS dir_Login - Login Error: -610

    I haven't received this error before until yesterday. Everything was working
    fine. My backupexec account used for the job is using the full context ".usersname.context".
    As I said in the previous post, I can setup the job and see everything on
    the remote netware server, test the credentials (takes a while for it to
    come back successful) but can't connect to the remote agent when I run the
    job. When I test the credentials is when the logger screen shows the error
    above.

    Thanks for any help or ideas.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >I suspect that you will need to update the remote agent. What
    >version/build do you currently have (check in sys:\bkupexec\version.doc
    >for details)?
    >
    >The latest NetWare agent can be downloaded here:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/282302
    >
    >Chris

  4. Re: Remote Agent for Netware not working properly

    Nick wrote:

    > I have version 1152.4. I dowload the files from the link you posted
    > and when I try to install it says backup exec is still running on the
    > server. I have ran bestop and it still says the same.

    Did the BESTOP successfully unload all BE modules? Is NDMPD.NLM still
    running? If so, try BESTOP again..

    Also, you may want to try running the install from another workstation
    (I've seen similar problems when attempting the install from a machine
    with an older version of the Novell client).

  5. Re: Remote Agent for Netware not working properly

    Bestop unloaded all modules successully and ndmpd.nlm is not loaded. I also
    tried from another pc with no luck. ??????????

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Nick wrote:
    >

    >> I have version 1152.4. I dowload the files from the link you posted
    >> and when I try to install it says backup exec is still running on the
    >> server. I have ran bestop and it still says the same.

    >Did the BESTOP successfully unload all BE modules? Is NDMPD.NLM still
    >running? If so, try BESTOP again..
    >
    >Also, you may want to try running the install from another workstation
    >(I've seen similar problems when attempting the install from a machine
    >with an older version of the Novell client).

  6. Re: Remote Agent for Netware not working properly

    Nick wrote:

    > Bestop unloaded all modules successully and ndmpd.nlm is not loaded.
    > I also tried from another pc with no luck. ??????????

    OK, how about renaming the sys:\bkupexec folder then..

+ Reply to Thread