Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Are there specific instructions for an upgrade as opposed to a new install? Do I need to uninstall the previous version then do a new install? I cannot seem to find any documentation regarding upgrades. THANKS!...

  1. Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2

    Are there specific instructions for an upgrade as opposed to a new install?
    Do I need to uninstall the previous version then do a new install?
    I cannot seem to find any documentation regarding upgrades. THANKS!

  2. Re: Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2

    John wrote:

    > Are there specific instructions for an upgrade as opposed to a new
    > install? Do I need to uninstall the previous version then do a new
    > install? I cannot seem to find any documentation regarding upgrades.
    > THANKS!

    The upgrade process is pretty straightforward:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Take a copy of :\bkupexec (just in case)
    3. Run the install/upgrade
    4. BESTART

    Remember to also update the remote agents as well (if you have any).

    Hope that helps.

    Chris

  3. Re: Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2

    Like Chris says. But copy your BKUPEXEC folder and contents to another
    location before you do your upgrade, just in case something does go
    wrong. That way it's easy to recover.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread