B2D.NLM - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on B2D.NLM - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi There! On 2 Sites I have, I have a failure to load B2D when the server starts up. If I BESTOP and BESTART again its fine. BE9.1 on Both Sites. Netware 6.5....

  1. B2D.NLM

    Hi There!

    On 2 Sites I have, I have a failure to load B2D when the
    server starts up. If I BESTOP and BESTART again its fine.
    BE9.1 on Both Sites. Netware 6.5.

  2. Re: B2D.NLM

    Andre Southgate wrote:
    > Hi There!
    >
    > On 2 Sites I have, I have a failure to load B2D when the
    > server starts up. If I BESTOP and BESTART again its fine.
    > BE9.1 on Both Sites. Netware 6.5.

    You could use a tool like Delay.nlm to delay the processing of
    autoexec.ncf. Insert a delay before loading bestart, so all previously
    loaded nlm's have fully initialized.

    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13591.html

    --
    Marcel de Roode
    Erasmus University Rotterdam

  3. Re: B2D.NLM

    Andre Southgate wrote:

    > Hi There!
    >
    > On 2 Sites I have, I have a failure to load B2D when the
    > server starts up. If I BESTOP and BESTART again its fine.
    > BE9.1 on Both Sites. Netware 6.5.

    Hi Andre,

    What's the exact error you get? And what build of Backup Exec do you
    have (check :\bkupexec\version.doc for details)?

    Also, have a look at sys:\system\autoexec.ncf - you may need to move
    SMSSTART further up in the load process. It may be that not all of the
    SMS modules have loaded when Backup Exec starts loading.

    Hope that helps.

    Chris

  4. Re: B2D.NLM

    Thanks very much!

    Roode wrote:
    Andre Southgate wrote:
    > Hi There!
    >
    > On 2 Sites I have, I have a failure to load B2D when the
    > server starts up. If I BESTOP and BESTART again its fine.
    > BE9.1 on Both Sites. Netware 6.5.

    You could use a tool like Delay.nlm to delay the processing
    of
    autoexec.ncf. Insert a delay before loading bestart, so all
    previously
    loaded nlm's have fully initialized.

    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13591.html

    --