Licensing - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Licensing - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've got the latetst version of Backup Exec for NetWare to use with my Overland Tap Library. Can you tell me if I need to have a license for the Library as i'm getting conflicting stories. My device has one ...

  1. Licensing

    I've got the latetst version of Backup Exec for NetWare to use with my Overland
    Tap Library.

    Can you tell me if I need to have a license for the Library as i'm getting
    conflicting stories.

    My device has one tape drive with a tape loader and I was told that this
    is covered by my existing license, could someone confirm this please?

    Thanks very much,

    Paul

  2. Re: Licensing

    Hi Paul,

    If you only have one drive in your library - you only need 1 media
    server license. If you ever install a second drive in the library you
    would need to purchase a license for Library Expansion Option (LEO).

    Hope that helps.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread