BE 9.1 1158.9: problems with jsock6x.nlm on Netware 6.5 SP5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.1 1158.9: problems with jsock6x.nlm on Netware 6.5 SP5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, we use Veritas BE 9.1 1158.9 on a Netware Server 6.5 SP5. If we make a backup in the night then on the next day, the jsock6x.nlm reserves a lot of RAM. This increases until the server does not ...

  1. BE 9.1 1158.9: problems with jsock6x.nlm on Netware 6.5 SP5

    Hi,

    we use Veritas BE 9.1 1158.9 on a Netware Server 6.5 SP5.

    If we make a backup in the night then on the next day,
    the jsock6x.nlm reserves a lot of RAM.
    This increases until the server does not have enough
    memory and crashes.

    To solve this problem temporarily, i make a "bestop"
    in the morning and a "bestart" in the evening.
    Now the size of the jsock6x.nlm does not increase
    and the server does not hang up.

    Any ideas for the jsock6x.nlm problem?

    Thanks,
    Bernhard

  2. Re: BE 9.1 1158.9: problems with jsock6x.nlm on Netware 6.5 SP5

    Bernhard Muehlbauer wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > we use Veritas BE 9.1 1158.9 on a Netware Server 6.5 SP5.
    >
    > If we make a backup in the night then on the next day,
    > the jsock6x.nlm reserves a lot of RAM.
    > This increases until the server does not have enough
    > memory and crashes.
    >
    > To solve this problem temporarily, i make a "bestop"
    > in the morning and a "bestart" in the evening.
    > Now the size of the jsock6x.nlm does not increase
    > and the server does not hang up.
    >
    > Any ideas for the jsock6x.nlm problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bernhard

    The Backup Exec java admin console uses jsock6x.nlm. As this is a
    Novell module I would recommend that you contact them as I understand
    they are already working on this issue.

    Please post back here if you have any updates once you have spoken to
    Novell.

    Chris

  3. Re: BE 9.1 1158.9: problems with jsock6x.nlm on Netware 6.5 SP5

    In the novell newsgroup i received the following hint:

    "Just wondering, have you deployed the set of Post SP5 updates == there
    are a handful -- most can be deployed with a single composite Post SP5
    patch kit:
    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2974185.htm
    Included in that set is a newer wsock."

    I have not yet installed these patches because i am
    afraid of beta versions. But a novell volunter sysop told me
    that these patches are stable.

    Bernhard

    Chris schrieb:
    > Bernhard Muehlbauer wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> we use Veritas BE 9.1 1158.9 on a Netware Server 6.5 SP5.
    >>
    >> If we make a backup in the night then on the next day,
    >> the jsock6x.nlm reserves a lot of RAM.
    >> This increases until the server does not have enough
    >> memory and crashes.
    >>
    >> To solve this problem temporarily, i make a "bestop"
    >> in the morning and a "bestart" in the evening.
    >> Now the size of the jsock6x.nlm does not increase
    >> and the server does not hang up.
    >>
    >> Any ideas for the jsock6x.nlm problem?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bernhard

    > The Backup Exec java admin console uses jsock6x.nlm. As this is a
    > Novell module I would recommend that you contact them as I understand
    > they are already working on this issue.
    >
    > Please post back here if you have any updates once you have spoken to
    > Novell.
    >
    > Chris

  4. Re: BE 9.1 1158.9: problems with jsock6x.nlm on Netware 6.5 SP5

    Bernhard Muehlbauer wrote:

    > In the novell newsgroup i received the following hint:
    >
    > "Just wondering, have you deployed the set of Post SP5 updates ==
    > there are a handful -- most can be deployed with a single composite
    > Post SP5 patch kit:
    > http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2974185.htm
    > Included in that set is a newer wsock."
    >

    > I have not yet installed these patches because i am
    > afraid of beta versions. But a novell volunter sysop told me
    > that these patches are stable.

    Yes, those patches are stable so please go ahead and install them.
    Please post back here with the results.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread