GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just loaded GWTSA on my Groupwise server today (running NetWare 5.1 and Backup Exec for NetWare v 9.0 (4202)) and after running a test backup, found that it was still skipping major files such as wpdomain.db. If anyone could ...

  1. GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    I just loaded GWTSA on my Groupwise server today (running NetWare 5.1 and
    Backup Exec for NetWare v 9.0 (4202)) and after running a test backup, found
    that it was still skipping major files such as wpdomain.db.

    If anyone could give me some insight as to what I am missing, any and all
    assistance will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!!

  2. Re: GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    Dee E wrote:

    > I just loaded GWTSA on my Groupwise server today (running NetWare 5.1
    > and Backup Exec for NetWare v 9.0 (4202)) and after running a test
    > backup, found that it was still skipping major files such as
    > wpdomain.db.
    >
    > If anyone could give me some insight as to what I am missing, any and
    > all assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    Try these:

    http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10068212.html

    http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10082770.html

  3. Re: GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    Chris,
    Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, neither one of those TIDs applies.
    Anything else I could try? Thanks!!

    Chris" wrote:
    >Dee E wrote:
    >

    >> I just loaded GWTSA on my Groupwise server today (running NetWare 5.1
    >> and Backup Exec for NetWare v 9.0 (4202)) and after running a test
    >> backup, found that it was still skipping major files such as
    >> wpdomain.db.
    >>
    >> If anyone could give me some insight as to what I am missing, any and
    >> all assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks!!

    >Try these:
    >
    >http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10068212.html
    >
    >http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10082770.html

  4. Re: GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    Dee E wrote:

    > Chris,
    > Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, neither one of those
    > TIDs applies. Anything else I could try? Thanks!!

    What version of GroupWise are you running? And what version of
    GWTSA.NLM do you have? Type MODULES GWTSA at the server console to
    check this.

    Finally, could you paste a copy of the job log here so that I can see
    which files are being skipped?

    Chris

  5. Re: GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    Chris,
    Here you go!

    Groupwise 7.0.1
    gwtsa module ver 7.00a

    As always, thanks for all of your assistance!

    Job server:
    Job name: GW 3
    User name:
    Job type: BACKUP
    Operation: BACKUP
    Submitted: 08/30/06 at 01:01:42p
    Backup operation started: 08/30/06 at 01:01:50p

    Backup method: Full
    Counting number of devices that will be processed.
    Found 1 device(s).

    Backup set started: 08/30/06 at 01:02:27p

    Media ID: 351e6848 Media 1
    Media description: "Media Created on Aug 30, 2006"
    Set 1 created 08/30/06
    BarCode: MAG833
    Set name: "BackupJob_67"
    Set description: "BackupJob_67"
    Backup of :
    Drive: "HA:1 ID:4 LUN:0 IBM ULTRIUM-TD2"
    File \Gwise\HV_DMN\wpdomain.db or one of its streams is in use - SKIPPED-

  6. Re: GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    Dee E wrote:

    > Chris,
    > Here you go!
    >
    > Groupwise 7.0.1
    > gwtsa module ver 7.00a

    And what's the date for GWTSA.NLM?

  7. Re: GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    Sorry about that...June 13, 2006...

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Dee E wrote:
    >

    >> Chris,
    >> Here you go!
    >>
    >> Groupwise 7.0.1
    >> gwtsa module ver 7.00a

    >And what's the date for GWTSA.NLM?

  8. Re: GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    Dee E wrote:

    > Sorry about that...June 13, 2006...

    There is a newer version available:

    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2974240.htm

    If that doesn't work, maybe you should consider using either
    TSAFSGW.NLM or TSAFS.NLM with the EnableGW=yes switch.

    Chris

  9. Re: GWTSA skipping major files such as wpdomain.db

    Thanks!! I'll give that a try.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Dee E wrote:
    >

    >> Sorry about that...June 13, 2006...

    >There is a newer version available:
    >
    >http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2974240.htm
    >
    >If that doesn't work, maybe you should consider using either
    >TSAFSGW.NLM or TSAFS.NLM with the EnableGW=yes switch.
    >
    >Chris

+ Reply to Thread