BE Netware 9.2. OSA Snapshot Volume Backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE Netware 9.2. OSA Snapshot Volume Backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am attempting to backup OSA Snapshot Virtual Volumesunder Netware 6.5SP4a.. A Script is used to Mount Snapshot virtual volumes prior to the backup. I am attempting to use the Pre/Post Policy option to run a Mount Volume Script prior ...

  1. BE Netware 9.2. OSA Snapshot Volume Backup

    I am attempting to backup OSA Snapshot Virtual Volumesunder Netware 6.5SP4a..
    A Script is used to Mount Snapshot virtual volumes prior to the backup.
    I am attempting to use the Pre/Post Policy option to run a Mount Volume
    Script prior to the backup process running.

    However the backup fails before the "pre" script is run because the Volume
    is not yet mounted. It appears that Backup Exec looks for its backup source
    before running the "Pre" script and subsrquently fails because it is not
    yet Mounted.

    Is there a way to get Backup exec to execute its Pre Backup Script before
    examining its backup source??

  2. Re: BE Netware 9.2. OSA Snapshot Volume Backup

    Bruce Bradbury wrote:

    > I am attempting to backup OSA Snapshot Virtual Volumesunder Netware
    > 6.5SP4a.. A Script is used to Mount Snapshot virtual volumes prior
    > to the backup. I am attempting to use the Pre/Post Policy option to
    > run a Mount Volume Script prior to the backup process running.
    >
    > However the backup fails before the "pre" script is run because the
    > Volume is not yet mounted. It appears that Backup Exec looks for its
    > backup source before running the "Pre" script and subsrquently fails
    > because it is not yet Mounted.
    >
    > Is there a way to get Backup exec to execute its Pre Backup Script
    > before examining its backup source??

    Not that I know of. Why not use CRON to do this instead?

    http://support.novell.com/docs/Readm...t/2939440.html

  3. Re: BE Netware 9.2. OSA Snapshot Volume Backup

    Like Chris says. Or if you have another job that runs before this one,
    make it's post command run the script.

    If you don't have job that runs beforehand, make a job that just backs
    up one file from SYS: and put your post command in that job's policy.

    CRON would be easier, but if you have jobs that run prior to this, and
    they don't finish in time, you might run your script sooner than you'd
    like.

    -Barry.

  4. Re: BE Netware 9.2. OSA Snapshot Volume Backup

    Thanks guys

    Have thought about both these options and will have to use one of them.

    I was hoping to keep things clean by each Job running scripts that related
    to the Job.

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Like Chris says. Or if you have another job that runs before this one,

    >make it's post command run the script.
    >
    >If you don't have job that runs beforehand, make a job that just backs
    >up one file from SYS: and put your post command in that job's policy.
    >
    >CRON would be easier, but if you have jobs that run prior to this, and
    >they don't finish in time, you might run your script sooner than you'd
    >like.
    >
    >-Barry.

+ Reply to Thread