Scripted Restores - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Scripted Restores - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backup Exec 9.2 - does anyone know of any way to script or schedule a restore job please?...

  1. Scripted Restores

    Backup Exec 9.2 - does anyone know of any way to script or schedule a restore job please?

  2. Re: Scripted Restores

    Daniel Wynne wrote:

    > Backup Exec 9.2 - does anyone know of any way to script or schedule a
    > restore job please?

    I don't know of any way to do this and I don't think it's possible in
    the current version of the product.

    Maybe you should consider submitting an enhancement request:

    http://enhancement.veritas.com

  3. Re: Scripted Restores

    The only way I can think of to do it is to use something like STUFFKEY
    and CRON.

    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13957.html
    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13960.html

    Of course it would be totally unsupported.

    -Barry.

  4. Re: Scripted Restores

    Ok thanks for your help. I had a feeling there wasnt a 'proper' way of doing it but thought i would double check.

    Hadn't thought of stufkey so might give that a look.

    Cheers chaps

+ Reply to Thread