Restore donīt start - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore donīt start - Veritas Backup Exec ; Why donīt my restore job start? Everything looks good and no fails. I have a NW6 with SP5 and BE 9.1 rev: 1152. Iīve tried to redirect the files, preserve and not preserve tree, dont overwrite files and overwrite files ...

  1. Restore donīt start

    Why donīt my restore job start? Everything looks good and no fails. I have
    a NW6 with SP5 and BE 9.1 rev: 1152. Iīve tried to redirect the files, preserve
    and not preserve tree, dont overwrite files and overwrite files options.
    Can anyone help me with ideas?

    /Niklas

  2. Re: Restore don4t start

    Niklas wrote:

    > Why don4t my restore job start? Everything looks good and no fails. I
    > have a NW6 with SP5 and BE 9.1 rev: 1152. I4ve tried to redirect the
    > files, preserve and not preserve tree, dont overwrite files and
    > overwrite files options. Can anyone help me with ideas?
    >
    > /Niklas

    You should probably start with updating to the latest build:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294

    If that doesn't help, try the following:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename :\bkupexec\catalogs to catalogs.old
    3. BESTART -ZL (this starts Backup Exec in debug mode)
    4. Catalog the tape you want to restore from
    5. Submit the restore

    If this still doesn't work, please post back with a copy of
    :\bkupexec\log\ndmpd.log.

    Also, if you have any anti-virus software running on this server - make
    sure that :\bkupexec is excluded from being scanned.

    Chris

  3. Re: Restore donīt start

    Is it just restores or also backups, scans, imports, etc.

    A while ago, I experienced the same. However, backups and other jobs would't
    start either. This was due to a disconnected state of the tape device.
    Check if your tape device is still detected and online.
    From bkupexec console on server, drive, robots (or stand-alone-drives) and
    check if your device has the "enabled" state.

    If this doesn't apply, are the jobs on hold? Maybe pretty stupid, but you
    never know. :-)

    Good luck!

    "Niklas" wrote:

    >Why donīt my restore job start? Everything looks good and no fails. I have
    >a NW6 with SP5 and BE 9.1 rev: 1152. Iīve tried to redirect the files, preserve
    >and not preserve tree, dont overwrite files and overwrite files options.
    >Can anyone help me with ideas?
    >
    >/Niklas

+ Reply to Thread