Corrupted Restore Files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Corrupted Restore Files - Veritas Backup Exec ; Greetings All I have a Netware 5.1 box running version 9 of the Backup software backing up to a 20 / 40 gb Sony tape. We just ran into a problem restoring files from tape to a new server ...

  1. Corrupted Restore Files

    Greetings All I have a Netware 5.1 box running version 9 of the Backup software
    backing up to a 20 / 40 gb Sony tape. We just ran into a problem restoring
    files from tape to a new server after the last server up and died. 80% to
    90% of the files restored correctly however a large number of files (txt,
    doc, cnc, csv) files are no longer readable and are in a corrupted state.
    The files where restored on a Win 2003 server instead of rebuilding a novell
    box. Any insite would be great

  2. Re: Corrupted Restore Files

    David Shafor wrote:
    > Greetings All I have a Netware 5.1 box running version 9 of the Backup software
    > backing up to a 20 / 40 gb Sony tape. We just ran into a problem restoring
    > files from tape to a new server after the last server up and died. 80% to
    > 90% of the files restored correctly however a large number of files (txt,
    > doc, cnc, csv) files are no longer readable and are in a corrupted state.
    > The files where restored on a Win 2003 server instead of rebuilding a novell
    > box. Any insite would be great

    If the files were on a compressed volume then some of the files will be
    backed up in a compressed state. They should be restored to a Netware
    compressed volume to be useable.
    If you want to be able to restore files from compressed volumes to
    uncompressed volumes you should use the option "backup compressed files
    as expanded files" in your policy's Netware tab.

    Marcel de Roode
    Erasmus University Rotterdam

+ Reply to Thread