receiving msg "cound not attach to dataserver" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on receiving msg "cound not attach to dataserver" - Veritas Backup Exec ; running be 9.1 and NW 6.5 on 4 servers and just migrate to a new email server. Now we are receiving the message " could not attach to dataserver ". This is a single tree and all servers are local. ...

  1. receiving msg "cound not attach to dataserver"

    running be 9.1 and NW 6.5 on 4 servers and just migrate to a new email server.
    Now we are receiving the message " could not attach to dataserver ".
    This is a single tree and all servers are local. All other backups are
    normal. Does anyone have an idea.

  2. Re: receiving msg "cound not attach to dataserver"

    Glenn Y wrote:
    > running be 9.1 and NW 6.5 on 4 servers and just migrate to a new email server.
    > Now we are receiving the message " could not attach to dataserver ".
    > This is a single tree and all servers are local. All other backups are
    > normal. Does anyone have an idea.

    Is the new email server one of the NW 6.5 servers?
    Is the backup agent installed? Has a server name changed? Has a password
    changed?
    When are you receiving this message? (during backup, after backup, etc)

    Marcel de Roode
    Erasmus University Rotterdam

  3. Re: receiving msg "cound not attach to dataserver"

    Glenn Y wrote:

    > running be 9.1 and NW 6.5 on 4 servers and just migrate to a new
    > email server. Now we are receiving the message " could not attach
    > to dataserver ". This is a single tree and all servers are local.
    > All other backups are normal. Does anyone have an idea.

    Is name resolution working between the servers (in both directions)? If
    not, you will need to update DNS/hosts files and try again.

    Also, are you running the same version/build of Backup Exec on all
    servers? To check this, look at sys:\bkupexec\version.doc on each
    server.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread