using 2nd network card to backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on using 2nd network card to backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I can not get my 2003 media server ver 9.1 to backup my netware remote server using my second network card. Ping works both ways on 2nd card I added both servers to remote NW 6.5 server in NDMPSVRS.dat file ...

  1. using 2nd network card to backup

    I can not get my 2003 media server ver 9.1 to backup my netware remote server
    using my second network card. Ping works both ways on 2nd card
    I added both servers to remote NW 6.5 server in NDMPSVRS.dat file
    added host entry for 2nd card in 2003 server. No matter what I do it still
    uses the main network card to backup.

  2. Re: using 2nd network card to backup

    Unload BE on the NetWare server(s), unload all TSAs and SMDR, including
    any dependent modules that prevent SMDR from unloading. Now run 'SMDR
    NEW' on the NetWare server and provide it with the address of the
    network interface you want it to run on. Reload your TSAs and other
    modules you might have unloaded, the run BESTART.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread