Need help with Linux agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Need help with Linux agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been running BENW for a long time and recently updated to 9.2 software. So far all my remote agents have been Netware and Windows NT/2000 servers and I have not had any problems with the media server being ...

  1. Need help with Linux agent

    I have been running BENW for a long time and recently updated to 9.2
    software. So far all my remote agents have been Netware and Windows NT/2000
    servers and I have not had any problems with the media server being able to
    see the remote agents. Recently I switched over to SUSE Linux 10.1 for my
    web server and installed the latest Linux agent on it but I just cannot get
    the media server to see it. The serial number for the agent is correctly
    identified as a Linux/Unix agent so it sees a valid license, and the
    NDMPSVRS.DAT file looks OK, but no matter how many times I update the agent
    list, the filesystem on the Linux Server never shows up in the Backup Source
    list. I have the server (susun below) in HOSTS and can ping it from the
    media server (WCCBAK below). I can also ping the media server from the
    remote server, and have confirmed the agent is actually running on the Linux
    box.

    Any ideas on why this is not working ?
    Backup Source ?
    [None] Agent WCC-STUDENT.NetWare File System ?
    [None] Agent WCC-STUDENT.Novell Directory ?
    [None] Agent WCC1.NetWare File System ?
    [None] Agent WCC1.Novell Directory ?
    [None] Agent WCC3.GroupWise System ?
    [None] Agent WCC3.NetWare File System ?
    [None] Agent WCC3.Novell Directory ?
    [None] Agent WCCBAK.NetWare File System ? ?
    [None] Agent WCCBAK.Novell Directory ?
    [None] Agent WCCPUB.NetWare File System ?
    [None] Agent WCCPUB.Novell Directory ?
    [None] Windows NT Agent WCC-WEB ?
    Agent name: susun
    IP address: 10.1.4.56
    Serial number: 02-7969-xxxx-xxxxxxxx
    Type: Linux / Unix Agent (Site License)

    # NDMPSVRS.DAT
    #This is the Backup Exec default file listing NDMP servers for Backup.
    #Lines with a # in first column are treated as comments.
    #
    #Sample
    #REMOTE_SRVR 10.51.86.70 1122223333444444
    WCC1 10.1.4.10 1122223333444444
    WCC3 10.1.4.33 1122223333444444
    WCCPUB 10.1.4.15 1122223333444444
    WCC-STUDENT 10.1.4.12 1122223333444444
    SHIVAJI-4600 10.1.8.10 1122223333444444
    susun 10.1.4.56 1122223333444444

  2. Re: Need help with Linux agent

    Never mind - I fixed it. Had to open ports 10000 & 40193 on the remote
    server's firewall and now I can see the drives. Now to test the backups ...

+ Reply to Thread