MIssing W2K backup sources on NW media server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on MIssing W2K backup sources on NW media server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've seen this posted before and the issues in the other posts I pretty much covered: Veritas 9.10 Rev 1067, NW 6 SP2, pure IP I can ping both ways by name I get no address error when running BESTART ...

  1. MIssing W2K backup sources on NW media server

    I've seen this posted before and the issues in the other posts I pretty much
    covered:
    Veritas 9.10 Rev 1067, NW 6 SP2, pure IP
    I can ping both ways by name
    I get no address error when running BESTART
    There is no VPN/Firewall involved
    Option/MediaServer/Agents has agent enabled
    SAP023F is being broadcast
    I really did install the agent, not just the console

    The only thing I can't reconcile is visibility of the machine from the server
    using the display servers command. I'm pretty much out of options unless
    someone has an idea...

    Kind Regards
    Richard

  2. Re: MIssing W2K backup sources on NW media server

    R. Renshaw wrote:

    > I've seen this posted before and the issues in the other posts I
    > pretty much covered:
    > Veritas 9.10 Rev 1067, NW 6 SP2, pure IP

    Well, you are running a very old build of Backup Exec there. You should
    start by updating this to the latest available build (1158.9):

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294

    Make sure that you also push out the updated remote windows agent as
    well.

    Chris

  3. Re: MIssing W2K backup sources on NW media server

    Your NetWare is several SPs behind, too. The latest is SP5:

    http://support.novell.com/servlet/fi...ub/nw6sp5e.exe

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread