Unable to restore 4mm DAT media with BackupExec v9.2.1401.3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to restore 4mm DAT media with BackupExec v9.2.1401.3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, it's me again I am trying to restore data from a 4mm DAT-media with an HP C1533A (Firmware A907) tape-drive. The data was written with ARCserve for NetWare v4.x in those times The configured block size for the drive ...

  1. Unable to restore 4mm DAT media with BackupExec v9.2.1401.3

    Hello,

    it's me again

    I am trying to restore data from a 4mm DAT-media with an HP C1533A (Firmware
    A907) tape-drive. The data was written with ARCserve for NetWare v4.x in
    those times

    The configured block size for the drive is 65535. I tried with 1024 but no
    success!

    BackupExec reports the following error:

    Block size of 512 bytes is not supported for the operation.
    An attempt was made to use an invalid block size. (24614)

    What can I do or configure to work with the drive? Any thoughts?

    Do you need more information?

    Kind regards,
    Hammelbeine

  2. Re: Unable to restore 4mm DAT media with BackupExec v9.2.1401.3

    Forgot to say, that I tried to catalog the media first, so this was actually
    no restore-operation

    Kind regards,
    Hammelbeine

    "Hammelbeine" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hello,
    >
    > it's me again
    >
    > I am trying to restore data from a 4mm DAT-media with an HP C1533A
    > (Firmware A907) tape-drive. The data was written with ARCserve for NetWare
    > v4.x in those times
    >
    > The configured block size for the drive is 65535. I tried with 1024 but no
    > success!
    >
    > BackupExec reports the following error:
    >
    > Block size of 512 bytes is not supported for the operation.
    > An attempt was made to use an invalid block size. (24614)
    >

    > What can I do or configure to work with the drive? Any thoughts?
    >
    > Do you need more information?
    >
    > Kind regards,
    > Hammelbeine

  3. Re: Unable to restore 4mm DAT media with BackupExec v9.2.1401.3

    Another remark:

    The media used was a 120mm DDS-2 media from HP.

    Any help, suggestions or comments?

    > Forgot to say, that I tried to catalog the media first, so this was
    > actually no restore-operation
    >
    > Kind regards,
    > Hammelbeine
    >

    > "Hammelbeine" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> it's me again
    >>
    >> I am trying to restore data from a 4mm DAT-media with an HP C1533A
    >> (Firmware A907) tape-drive. The data was written with ARCserve for
    >> NetWare v4.x in those times
    >>
    >> The configured block size for the drive is 65535. I tried with 1024 but
    >> no success!
    >>
    >> BackupExec reports the following error:
    >>
    >> Block size of 512 bytes is not supported for the operation.
    >> An attempt was made to use an invalid block size. (24614)
    >>

    >> What can I do or configure to work with the drive? Any thoughts?
    >>
    >> Do you need more information?
    >>
    >> Kind regards,
    >> Hammelbeine

  4. Re: Unable to restore 4mm DAT media with BackupExec v9.2.1401.3

    Not good news I'm afraid:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282357

  5. Re: Unable to restore 4mm DAT media with BackupExec v9.2.1401.3

    Thanks for the prompt reply! Couldn't find this document at Veritas.

    Back to reconstructing a NetWare 3.12 server with ARCserve 4.02N !!!

    Best regards,
    Hammelbeine

    "Chris" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Not good news I'm afraid:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/282357

  6. Re: Unable to restore 4mm DAT media with BackupExec v9.2.1401.3

    Hammelbeine wrote:

    > Thanks for the prompt reply! Couldn't find this document at Veritas.
    >
    > Back to reconstructing a NetWare 3.12 server with ARCserve 4.02N !!!

    OK, good luck!

+ Reply to Thread