Using Windows to backup Netware - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Using Windows to backup Netware - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a copy of Backup Exec 10d for Windows that I plan on installing on a Windows Server 2003. I also have two Netware 6.5 servers and I have two Backup Exec for Netware 9.2 Remote Agent Licenses. My ...

  1. Using Windows to backup Netware

    I have a copy of Backup Exec 10d for Windows that I plan on installing on a
    Windows Server 2003. I also have two Netware 6.5 servers and I have two
    Backup Exec for Netware 9.2 Remote Agent Licenses. My question is will the
    remote agent software that I currently have that only covers Netware allow me
    to connect to a Windows Server 2003 with Backup Exec 10d running on it, or do
    I have to upgrade my remote agents to the Windows/Netware remote agent?
    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Using Windows to backup Netware

    On 18/07/2006 "Chris" wrote:
    >Unfortunately not. You cannot use the 9.2 agent with 10d. The NetWare
    >agent that is compatible with 10d is actually the 9.1 version - the
    >link below is the download to the latest available agent that works
    >with 10d:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/282302
    >
    >Maybe you should speak to sales to see if you can exchange your 9.2
    >licenses for 9.1 licenses?
    >
    >Chris

    Thanks,

    That really funny, I originally had 9.1 licenses, but had them converted to
    9.2, because I am currently using a Netware 6.5 server as my media server,
    with Backup Exec 9.2 for Netware.

  3. Re: Using Windows to backup Netware

    Unfortunately not. You cannot use the 9.2 agent with 10d. The NetWare
    agent that is compatible with 10d is actually the 9.1 version - the
    link below is the download to the latest available agent that works
    with 10d:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282302

    Maybe you should speak to sales to see if you can exchange your 9.2
    licenses for 9.1 licenses?

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread