Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt - Veritas Backup Exec ; I had three files listed as an error in my backup log for last night. I have never seen this before. The server a Dell Poweredge 2600 with Dell PV-110T-DLT-VS80 tape. OS is Netware 6.0SP5 and BE is 9.1 1158.3 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt

  1. Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt


    I had three files listed as an error in my backup log for last night.
    I have never seen this before.
    The server a Dell Poweredge 2600 with Dell PV-110T-DLT-VS80 tape. OS
    is Netware 6.0SP5 and BE is 9.1 1158.3

    Any ideas on this?




  2. Re: Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt

    Peter Jam wrote:

    >
    > I had three files listed as an error in my backup log for last night.
    > I have never seen this before.
    > The server a Dell Poweredge 2600 with Dell PV-110T-DLT-VS80 tape.
    > OS is Netware 6.0SP5 and BE is 9.1 1158.3
    >
    > Any ideas on this?


    You might want to consider updating to the latest build:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294

    Are you using the open file option? Any anti-virus software running on
    this server? What version of TSAFS.NLM are you running (type MODULES
    TSAFS at server console)?

    Chris


  3. Re: Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt


    "Chris" wrote:
    >Peter Jam wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> I had three files listed as an error in my backup log for last night.


    >> I have never seen this before.
    >> The server a Dell Poweredge 2600 with Dell PV-110T-DLT-VS80 tape.
    >> OS is Netware 6.0SP5 and BE is 9.1 1158.3
    >>
    >> Any ideas on this?

    >
    >You might want to consider updating to the latest build:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294
    >
    >Are you using the open file option? Any anti-virus software running on
    >this server? What version of TSAFS.NLM are you running (type MODULES
    >TSAFS at server console)?
    >
    >Chris
    >

    Chris:
    No open file and I use "unload netshld" as a pre-op. the tsafs.nlm is version
    6.50.09 June 7, 2004. I only saw it that one day and it hasn't returned,
    very mysterious.


  4. Re: Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt

    Well, if the problem returns you might want to consider updating your
    TSAFS.NLM by installing TSA5UP19:

    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2973487.htm

  5. Re: Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt


    "Chris" wrote:
    >Well, if the problem returns you might want to consider updating your
    >TSAFS.NLM by installing TSA5UP19:
    >
    >http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2973487.htm

    Chris: Updated but not restarted yet as it is my MAS90 server and difficult
    to bring down.. I'll do it as the earliest opprotunity though and respond
    back. Thanks for your help.


  6. Re: Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt


    I have the same problem with .doc files. I can read them, but the backup shows
    the message "filename.doc is corrupt on media". (I use Netware 6.5 SP 2,
    BE 9.20.1391).
    Thanks!

    "Peter Jam" wrote:
    >
    >"Chris" wrote:
    >>Peter Jam wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> I had three files listed as an error in my backup log for last night.

    >
    >>> I have never seen this before.
    >>> The server a Dell Poweredge 2600 with Dell PV-110T-DLT-VS80 tape.
    >>> OS is Netware 6.0SP5 and BE is 9.1 1158.3
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on this?

    >>
    >>You might want to consider updating to the latest build:
    >>
    >>http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294
    >>
    >>Are you using the open file option? Any anti-virus software running on
    >>this server? What version of TSAFS.NLM are you running (type MODULES
    >>TSAFS at server console)?
    >>
    >>Chris
    >>

    >Chris:
    >No open file and I use "unload netshld" as a pre-op. the tsafs.nlm is version
    >6.50.09 June 7, 2004. I only saw it that one day and it hasn't returned,
    >very mysterious.
    >



  7. Re: Warning: file \MAS90\xxx.soa on media is corrupt


    Well I finally reset the server so my updates are in place. next i will upgrade
    edir and then NW6.5 SP5.
    I haven't seen any errors in the BE logs since that happened though. Very
    strange.

    "Lecio" wrote:
    >
    >I have the same problem with .doc files. I can read them, but the backup

    shows
    >the message "filename.doc is corrupt on media". (I use Netware 6.5 SP 2,
    >BE 9.20.1391).
    >Thanks!
    >
    >"Peter Jam" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Chris" wrote:
    >>>Peter Jam wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> I had three files listed as an error in my backup log for last night.

    >>
    >>>> I have never seen this before.
    >>>> The server a Dell Poweredge 2600 with Dell PV-110T-DLT-VS80 tape.
    >>>> OS is Netware 6.0SP5 and BE is 9.1 1158.3
    >>>>
    >>>> Any ideas on this?
    >>>
    >>>You might want to consider updating to the latest build:
    >>>
    >>>http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294
    >>>
    >>>Are you using the open file option? Any anti-virus software running on
    >>>this server? What version of TSAFS.NLM are you running (type MODULES
    >>>TSAFS at server console)?
    >>>
    >>>Chris
    >>>

    >>Chris:
    >>No open file and I use "unload netshld" as a pre-op. the tsafs.nlm is

    version
    >>6.50.09 June 7, 2004. I only saw it that one day and it hasn't returned,
    >>very mysterious.
    >>

    >



+ Reply to Thread