How to create a B2D that then dupes to specific tapes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to create a B2D that then dupes to specific tapes - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'll try to explalin what I want to do. I would like to do a nightly incremental 6 days a week to a B2D folder. The 7th night would be a Full to a B2D folder. I only need to ...

  1. How to create a B2D that then dupes to specific tapes

    I'll try to explalin what I want to do.

    I would like to do a nightly incremental 6 days a week to a B2D folder.
    The 7th night would be a Full to a B2D folder.

    I only need to keep the B2D stuff 1 week (ie, it'll overwrite after 7
    days, so that the "next" Monday job would overwrite the previous
    "monday" job).

    But I also want to dupe those to specific tapes in my Exabyte Autoloader
    (ie: monday dupes to Tape 1, Tuesday to Tape 2, etc.), but I want a
    longer retention time on the tapes (the tapes can hold much more).

    How would one go about doing this? I know how to make a B2D job and I
    assume I check the 'duplicate to tape" or whatever box, but how do I
    tell it to dupe to a specific tape (so that the tapes can be taken
    offsite for DR purposes) AND specify a diff. retention time for the
    tapes?

  2. Re: How to create a B2D that then dupes to specific tapes

    Someone should do a TID on this as it is a very common scenario, now that
    cheap disk storage is available.

    "Kevin Hurni" wrote in message
    news:MPG.1f22d2d7e5232756989688@news.support.verit as.com...
    > I'll try to explalin what I want to do.
    >
    > I would like to do a nightly incremental 6 days a week to a B2D folder.
    > The 7th night would be a Full to a B2D folder.
    >
    > I only need to keep the B2D stuff 1 week (ie, it'll overwrite after 7
    > days, so that the "next" Monday job would overwrite the previous
    > "monday" job).
    >
    > But I also want to dupe those to specific tapes in my Exabyte Autoloader
    > (ie: monday dupes to Tape 1, Tuesday to Tape 2, etc.), but I want a
    > longer retention time on the tapes (the tapes can hold much more).
    >
    > How would one go about doing this? I know how to make a B2D job and I
    > assume I check the 'duplicate to tape" or whatever box, but how do I
    > tell it to dupe to a specific tape (so that the tapes can be taken
    > offsite for DR purposes) AND specify a diff. retention time for the
    > tapes?

+ Reply to Thread