Exclude directories by name - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exclude directories by name - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is it possible to exclude all directories on a volume with a given name? This has been discussed before in this newsgroup, but did not have a confirmed resolution. news://news.support.veritas.com:119/...d6@ROSASTDMZ05 . When i put a directory name in SYS:\bkupexec\novell.nks it ...

  1. Exclude directories by name

    Is it possible to exclude all directories on a volume with a given name?
    This has been discussed before in this newsgroup, but did not have a
    confirmed resolution.

    When i put a directory name in SYS:\bkupexec\novell.nks it is still
    being backed up. I have tried the following formats:

    \*\temp\ /x

    \*\temp /x

    \*\temp\ /x /s

    \*\temp /x /s

    \*\*\temp\ /x

    \*\*\temp /x

    \*\*\temp\ /x /s

    \*\*\temp /x /s

    but nothing seems to work.
    Specifying filenames does work however...

    Marcel de Roode
    Erasmus University Rotterdam

  2. Re: Exclude directories by name

    I've tried this myself and it looks like the wildcards (*) only work
    for filenames, not folder names. All I can suggest is that you submit
    an enhancement request for this:

    http://enhancement.veritas.com/

  3. Re: Exclude directories by name

    Chris wrote:
    > I've tried this myself and it looks like the wildcards (*) only work
    > for filenames, not folder names. All I can suggest is that you submit
    > an enhancement request for this:
    >
    > http://enhancement.veritas.com/

    Done!

    (But i'm afraid that will take some time...)

    --
    Marcel de Roode
    Erasmus University Rotterdam

  4. Re: Exclude directories by name

    Hi, Marcel.

    I never got it to work either. I replied to your email but it only had the
    spamcop address so didn't get to you.

    Ken

    Marcel de Roode wrote:
    >Chris wrote:
    >> I've tried this myself and it looks like the wildcards (*) only work
    >> for filenames, not folder names. All I can suggest is that you submit
    >> an enhancement request for this:
    >>
    >> http://enhancement.veritas.com/

    >Done!
    >
    >(But i'm afraid that will take some time...)
    >
    >--
    >Marcel de Roode
    >Erasmus University Rotterdam

+ Reply to Thread