Veritas Backup Exec and IDE tape drives - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas Backup Exec and IDE tape drives - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using Backup Exec 9.1 (build 1158) on a new Dell Poweredge 1800 server that shipped with a seagate ide tape drive STT 3401A. Does Backup Exec support ide tape drives on netware? Sbcon can see the tape drive and use ...

  1. Veritas Backup Exec and IDE tape drives

    Using Backup Exec 9.1 (build 1158) on a new Dell Poweredge 1800 server
    that shipped with a seagate ide tape drive STT 3401A. Does Backup Exec
    support ide tape drives on netware? Sbcon can see the tape drive and
    use it (with nwtape loaded of course) but Veritas cannot (have to
    unload nwtape first). Just curious if we simply need to get good old
    scsi.

    Thanks

    Chris

  2. Re: Veritas Backup Exec and IDE tape drives

    Don't think that Backup Exec for NetWare supports IDE attached tape
    drives:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/189740

    Although the above TechNote is old (only mentions 7.x & 8.x) I think it
    still applies to 9.x.

+ Reply to Thread