Since SP5 on NetWare6.5, no objects are available under GroupWise System. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Since SP5 on NetWare6.5, no objects are available under GroupWise System. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Dear all. I've been looking for concerning TIDs in both Novell and Symantec without result till now. I am grateful for any hints! Since the very day of Service Pack 5 installation on NetWare 6.5 server, the BacupExec cannot see ...

  1. Since SP5 on NetWare6.5, no objects are available under GroupWise System.

    Dear all.

    I've been looking for concerning TIDs in both Novell and Symantec without
    result till now. I am grateful for any hints!

    Since the very day of Service Pack 5 installation on NetWare 6.5 server,
    the BacupExec cannot see any objects under "GroupWise System".

    We have two servers (for the time being I name this 1st and 2nd server) both
    with NetWare 6.5. On that day of SP5 installation, both servers are upgraded
    to SP5 at the same time. The 'media server' is the 1st server and the GroupWise
    system resides on the 2nd server, that is to be backed up thru agent.

    Has anyone encountered the same/alike situation? What was the cure?

    Thank you so much in advance,

    Kiwako

  2. Re: Since SP5 on NetWare6.5, no objects are available under GroupWise System.

    Excuse me. I forgot to say which BackupExec system. 9.1.1156 for NetWare.

    Thanks, Kiwako

  3. Re: Since SP5 on NetWare6.5, no objects are available under GroupWise System.

    Yes, this is a known issue with SMDR.NLM that comes with SP5 and
    TSA5UP19:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/281829

  4. Re: Since SP5 on NetWare6.5, no objects are available under GroupWise System.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Yes, this is a known issue with SMDR.NLM that comes with SP5 and
    >TSA5UP19:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/281829

    Dear Chris, I thank you so very much! It can now see the objects alright!
    I am so grateful.
    Kiwako

  5. Re: Since SP5 on NetWare6.5, no objects are available under GroupWise System.

    No problem, happy to help :-)

  6. Re: Since SP5 on NetWare6.5, no objects are available under GroupWise System.

    Hi Kiwako,

    You may want to check out this article. I was having the same problem.

    -Greg Gazanian
    Network Systems Analyst
    Arcadia Unified School District

    "Kiwako" wrote:

    >Dear all.
    >
    >I've been looking for concerning TIDs in both Novell and Symantec without
    >result till now. I am grateful for any hints!
    >
    >Since the very day of Service Pack 5 installation on NetWare 6.5 server,
    >the BacupExec cannot see any objects under "GroupWise System".
    >
    >We have two servers (for the time being I name this 1st and 2nd server)

    both
    >with NetWare 6.5. On that day of SP5 installation, both servers are upgraded
    >to SP5 at the same time. The 'media server' is the 1st server and the GroupWise
    >system resides on the 2nd server, that is to be backed up thru agent.
    >
    >Has anyone encountered the same/alike situation? What was the cure?
    >
    >Thank you so much in advance,
    >
    >Kiwako

+ Reply to Thread