Catalog problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalog problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hopefully a very simple solution (fingers crossed) Installed 9.2 yesterday and thanks to help recieved on here was copied over polocies, job schedules etc and backups ran fine last night. However I have just been trying to catalog a tape ...

  1. Catalog problem

    Hopefully a very simple solution (fingers crossed)

    Installed 9.2 yesterday and thanks to help recieved on here was copied over polocies, job schedules etc and backups ran fine last night.

    However I have just been trying to catalog a tape (from a backup taken last week using 9.1 1158.4) and when I submit the catalog job it just sits in the scheduled Q on hold. I can crtl+T and the status changes to ready before flipping back to hold again. Any idead anyone??

    Thanks

  2. Re: Catalog problem

    There is no antivirus running on this box. Have just tried with the 'use media on catalogs' de-selected and the job still sits on hold in the scheduled Q!

    Daniel Wynne wrote:

    > Hopefully a very simple solution (fingers crossed)
    >
    > Installed 9.2 yesterday and thanks to help recieved on here was
    > copied over polocies, job schedules etc and backups ran fine last
    > night.
    >
    > However I have just been trying to catalog a tape (from a backup
    > taken last week using 9.1 1158.4) and when I submit the catalog job
    > it just sits in the scheduled Q on hold. I can crtl+T and the status
    > changes to ready before flipping back to hold again. Any idead
    > anyone??

    Do you have any anti-virus software running on this server? If so, you
    should ensure that the :\bkupexec folder is excluded from being
    scanned.

    Also, have you tried a catalog with the 'Use on-media catalogs' option
    de-selected? Be aware that this will take much longer to catalog
    though..

  3. Re: Catalog problem

    Daniel Wynne wrote:

    > Hopefully a very simple solution (fingers crossed)
    >
    > Installed 9.2 yesterday and thanks to help recieved on here was
    > copied over polocies, job schedules etc and backups ran fine last
    > night.
    >
    > However I have just been trying to catalog a tape (from a backup
    > taken last week using 9.1 1158.4) and when I submit the catalog job
    > it just sits in the scheduled Q on hold. I can crtl+T and the status
    > changes to ready before flipping back to hold again. Any idead
    > anyone??

    Do you have any anti-virus software running on this server? If so, you
    should ensure that the :\bkupexec folder is excluded from being
    scanned.

    Also, have you tried a catalog with the 'Use on-media catalogs' option
    de-selected? Be aware that this will take much longer to catalog
    though..

  4. Re: Catalog problem

    Backed up 3gb without any problems. Renamed catalogs dir and still no joy im afraid!

    >>> Chris 28/06/2006 12:06:04 >>>

    Can you submit a new small test backup to see if this runs ok? If that
    runs ok, I would suggest:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename :\bkupexec\catalogs to catalogs.old
    3. BESTART

    Now try another catalog job.

  5. Re: Catalog problem

    Can you submit a new small test backup to see if this runs ok? If that
    runs ok, I would suggest:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename :\bkupexec\catalogs to catalogs.old
    3. BESTART

    Now try another catalog job.

  6. Re: Catalog problem

    Daniel Wynne wrote:

    > Backed up 3gb without any problems. Renamed catalogs dir and still
    > no joy im afraid!

    I suspect that you will probably need to rename the jobqueue files:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename :\bkupexec\jobdata\jobqueue.dat to jobqueue.dat.old
    3. Rename :\bkupexec\jobdata\jobqueue.idx to jobqueue.idx.old
    4. BESTART

    If that doesn't help, you may also need to rename the MM folder:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename :\bkupexec\mm to mm.old
    3. BESTART

  7. Re: Catalog problem

    I wonder if you have duplicate media in your media set. This happened
    to me before. Certain operations would not work correctly. Had to
    retire the existing media record and delete it, then I could get the
    media to work again.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread