Corrupted Files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Corrupted Files - Veritas Backup Exec ; Greetings, Looking at the log files, I have been seeing the same files getting corrupted on the media after backup exec. "xxxxx.xxx file is corrupted on the media". There are 18 files in the DOS partition that are corrupted on ...

  1. Corrupted Files

    Greetings,

    Looking at the log files, I have been seeing the same files getting corrupted
    on the media after backup exec. "xxxxx.xxx file is corrupted on the media".
    There are 18 files in the DOS partition that are corrupted on the media.
    The same files are corrupted in every backup. "Groupwise Does not contain
    any objects" error message went away after applying Veritas Patch. Now the
    problem arised. Please advise.

  2. Re: Corrupted Files

    Need a bit more information I'm afraid...

    What version (please include SP) of NetWare ?
    What version/build of Backup Exec ?
    Any anti-virus software running on this server?

    You should put Backup Exec into debug mode (BESTART -ZL). When you next
    see the corrupt files error in the job log, take a look at
    sys:\bkupexec\log\NDMPD.LOG and look for some SMS errors. Please post
    back here with the results.

    Chris

  3. Re: Corrupted Files

    Well, I have a netware 6.5 SP5 and backup exec 9.10 build 1154. Backup is
    running fine, except that some of the files on the DOS partition are corrupted
    when backup. The strange thing is that the same files are getting corrupted
    on the media every back up. Is there like an updared TSADOSP or something?
    Please advise.
    "Chris" wrote:
    >Need a bit more information I'm afraid...
    >
    >What version (please include SP) of NetWare ?
    >What version/build of Backup Exec ?
    >Any anti-virus software running on this server?
    >
    >You should put Backup Exec into debug mode (BESTART -ZL). When you next
    >see the corrupt files error in the job log, take a look at
    >sys:\bkupexec\log\NDMPD.LOG and look for some SMS errors. Please post
    >back here with the results.
    >
    >Chris

  4. Re: Corrupted Files

    TSADOSP was replaced some time ago by DOSFAT.NSS:

    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?10093736.htm

    You are also running an old build of BE. I would recommend updating
    this to the latest version of 9.1:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294

+ Reply to Thread