backing up a server in a different tree - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on backing up a server in a different tree - Veritas Backup Exec ; I would like to backup a server that is in a different tree. I am running backup exec 9.2 for Netware servers on a 6.5 box. I am wanting to backup a 4.11 server in another tree on the same ...

  1. backing up a server in a different tree

    I would like to backup a server that is in a different tree. I am running
    backup exec 9.2 for Netware servers on a 6.5 box. I am wanting to backup
    a 4.11 server in another tree on the same physical network. I have the remote
    agent loaded, it just doesn't show up in the selections list.

    thanks

  2. Re: backing up a server in a different tree

    Can these servers see each other? Are you running SCMD to encapsulate
    IPX in IP, or are you running IPX on your 6.5 server?

    Do you have the media server configured to support SPX agents? Go to
    Options|Media Server|Agents.

    Did you add the license for the remote agent on the media server
    config? Go to Options|Serial Numbers. Or edit \BKUPEXEC\NDMPSVRS.DAT
    using a text editor.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread