Specific and Exclude Dates in BENW? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Specific and Exclude Dates in BENW? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is the option to specify specific dates or exclude specifics not available in BENW like it is in BEW? Without this how can I exclude the dates from my daily/weekly jobs where the monthly job will run? Our monthly job ...

  1. Specific and Exclude Dates in BENW?

    Is the option to specify specific dates or exclude specifics not available
    in BENW like it is in BEW?

    Without this how can I exclude the dates from my daily/weekly jobs where
    the monthly job will run? Our monthly job has always run on the last working
    day of the month (m-f).

    If this functionality is not available then how do other ppl do monthly backups?
    Weekends are out of the question.

  2. Re: Specific and Exclude Dates in BENW?

    The scheduler in BENW isn't nearly as good as its Windows counterpart.
    You can schedule a job to run on the last day of the month, but if you
    want to exclude weekends, you either have to re/schedule the job
    manually, or set weekend dates to be holidays. But you can't designate
    a date as a holiday for just one/some jobs. It's all or none.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread