F COW for open file ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on F COW for open file ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; NW6.5SP5 Cluster , BENW 9.11589 Could we set Volume to Copy On Write for backing up openfile ? instead of having to use Big Dog software and upgrade to BENW9.2 ($$) Thanks...

  1. F COW for open file ?

    NW6.5SP5 Cluster , BENW 9.11589
    Could we set Volume to Copy On Write for backing up openfile ?
    instead of having to use Big Dog software and upgrade to BENW9.2 ($$)

    Thanks

  2. Re: F COW for open file ?

    This is NW Cluster environment, can we just use FCOW instead ?

    "Chris" wrote in message
    > You don't need to upgrade to 9.2 to backup open files. You just need to
    > buy a license for the Open File Option:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/rw8dz

  3. Re: F COW for open file ?

    You don't need to upgrade to 9.2 to backup open files. You just need to
    buy a license for the Open File Option:

    http://tinyurl.com/rw8dz

  4. Re: F COW for open file ?

    acme wrote:

    > This is NW Cluster environment, can we just use FCOW instead ?

    Not tried it myself but I guess it should work..

+ Reply to Thread