"javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" - Veritas Backup Exec ; Above is the error message i receive when trying to open backup execview 3.0. on newly installed on WinXP machine.I am running 9.0 4202 on netware 6.0SP5 server.i have this same setup working on my laptop but cannot get it ...

  1. "javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

    Above is the error message i receive when trying to open backup execview 3.0.
    on newly installed on WinXP machine.I am running 9.0 4202 on netware 6.0SP5
    server.i have this same setup working on my laptop but cannot get it to open
    on my desktop machine. it give me the erroe message "javaw.exe has encountered
    a problem and needs to close" and ask to send Microsoft a message and that
    is as for as i can go,exec. view never opens up. I have tried reinstalling
    and also BENWJCE update to no avail
    thank you for any help with this matter.

  2. Re: "javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

    This sounds like an ExecView problem rather than a Backup Exec for
    NetWare problem. All I can suggest is that you try upgrading to the
    latest version of ExecView:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/280375

    You would be better advised to post this query over in the ExecView
    forum:

    http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...spa?forumID=33

  3. Re: "javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

    Thanks for the help.
    Found answer in Knowledgebase in case someone else has this problem.
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/245517

    "Chris" wrote:

    >This sounds like an ExecView problem rather than a Backup Exec for
    >NetWare problem. All I can suggest is that you try upgrading to the
    >latest version of ExecView:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/280375
    >
    >You would be better advised to post this query over in the ExecView
    >forum:
    >
    >http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...spa?forumID=33

+ Reply to Thread