Windows 2003 not reachable from Netware Media server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Windows 2003 not reachable from Netware Media server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have problems backing up several Windows 2003 servers from the Netware 6.5 Mediaserver. I use BackupExec 9.1.1158.9 (latest version). The setup used to work with Windows 2000 and NT servers. We replaced the servers with Windows 2003 R2 ...

  1. Windows 2003 not reachable from Netware Media server

    Hi,

    I have problems backing up several Windows 2003 servers from the Netware
    6.5 Mediaserver. I use BackupExec 9.1.1158.9 (latest version). The setup
    used to work with Windows 2000 and NT servers. We replaced the servers with
    Windows 2003 R2 (complete reinstall on bare metal) and now it doesn't work
    any longer.

    I have installed the Netware Media server and Windows remote agent both with
    OFO. I can see the Novell servers (also the Novell server with remote agent),
    but I cannot see the WIndows 2003 servers. The firewall is disabled and the
    service is running on Windows 2003. The servers have been added to the NDMPSVRS.DAT
    file.

    Can someone help me with this problem?

  2. Re: Windows 2003 not reachable from Netware Media server

    The most important thing to check is name resolution...

    Can you ping by NAME in both directions? In other words, can you ping
    the windows servers from the NetWare media server? And can you ping the
    media server from the windows servers? If not, update all hosts files
    as necessary and then try again.

  3. Re: Windows 2003 not reachable from Netware Media server

    I had a similar problem. I ahd to add the
    following to the firewall exceptions:

    C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\RANT\beremote.exe

    From the following TID:

    "After installing Windows 2003 Service Pack 1,
    the server cannot be selected in Backup Selections,
    or the backup/restore job fails with: "The
    resource could not be backed up because an
    error occurred while connecting to the Backup
    Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent."

    Hope this helps,
    Bill

    Arjan wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have problems backing up several Windows 2003 servers from the Netware
    > 6.5 Mediaserver. I use BackupExec 9.1.1158.9 (latest version). The setup
    > used to work with Windows 2000 and NT servers. We replaced the servers
    > with
    > Windows 2003 R2 (complete reinstall on bare metal) and now it doesn't
    > work
    > any longer.
    >
    > I have installed the Netware Media server and Windows remote agent both
    > with
    > OFO. I can see the Novell servers (also the Novell server with remote
    > agent),
    > but I cannot see the WIndows 2003 servers. The firewall is disabled and
    > the
    > service is running on Windows 2003. The servers have been added to the
    > NDMPSVRS.DAT
    > file.
    >
    > Can someone help me with this problem?

+ Reply to Thread